Old January 21st 05, 09:50 PM

Default Bruce and me

You and Bruce are right.Speaking to someone on the telephone or better
yet,person to person,really does make a big difference.
cuhulin

Old January 21st 05, 11:35 PM
tianli

I promise to do my best, at every turn, to try to assume that each post
is made in the best of spirits and with a full heart.
If I should stray, remind me I said this!

What the! This isn't Valentines Day!
You guys a gettin' old and soft or what?

It's already getting too quite and boring in here.

Just kidding! When is the wedding day?

;-) ;-) ;-)

Old January 22nd 05, 01:17 AM
m II

bpnjensen wrote:
What can I say? Steve and I had a great, easy-going conversation. It
was fun, I was pleased and not really surprised to receive his apology,
(and frankly, for my role in being a pain-in-the butt here also, I
apologize too, not just to Steve but to all here) and I hope we can
talk again, here and maybe in person. I feel like I made a friend.
Thank you, Steve.

I think it really, truly helps to hear the voice on the other end. The
human factor so often is missing on this medium, and it can be the
difference between a warm exchange and verbal abuse. Having said that,
I promise to do my best, at every turn, to try to assume that each post
is made in the best of spirits and with a full heart.
If I should stray, remind me I said this!

73,
Bruce Jensen

DeJa Vu all over again. I sincerely hope he means it this time. It took only
a day or two for the 'ace' to attack the last person he made friends with
over the phone.

Note the similarities in what's just happened to this posting. I hope things
work out. Oh, yeah..Michael Bryant left the group after the school where he
teaches started getting phone calls from 'ace'. His LAST school got phone
calls from the 'ace' too. Sounded like stalking to most here.

From: dxAce )
Subject: A Nice Guy
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2004-09-22 11:00:27 PST

Michael Bryant wrote:

Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Steve Lare. It's amazing how
actual human contact is so different from computer-mediated

communication. I really believe that if Steve and I were living on the
same street, we'd be pretty good friends. I enjoy Steve's knowledge of
radios. I wish there was someone, here, that I could hang out with that
shared my love of
radios the way Steve seems to.

Look, Steve, I'm sorry about the long chain of events that led to us

being so diametrically opposed in this NG. I'm taking you out of my
killfile. I want access to your SW knowledge. I promise not to ridicule
your political posts. Feel free to drop me an email if you think I'm going
over the top
on anything else.

Hope we get a chance to talk again.

Thanks, it was nice to talk to you.

Steve
Holland, MI

Old January 22nd 05, 03:34 AM
Michael Lawson

"tianli" wrote in message
I promise to do my best, at every turn, to try to assume that

each post
is made in the best of spirits and with a full heart.
If I should stray, remind me I said this!

What the! This isn't Valentines Day!
You guys a gettin' old and soft or what?

It's already getting too quite and boring in here.

Just kidding! When is the wedding day?

;-) ;-) ;-)

It's just like RadioMart and GottaHaveit....

Oh, nevermind. ;-)

--Mike L.

Old January 22nd 05, 03:57 AM
m II

sneerbarrel wrote:

And you can't leave it alone can you?

Well, the problem is still here and you only serve to encourage him. You two
are the worst antisocial misfits this group has. The Insult twins, hounding
people you don't like for months on end and then YOU have the nerve to say
someone else can't 'leave it alone'. Your newly found emotion and caring
are quite touching. What a farce.

mike

Old January 22nd 05, 03:58 AM
Burr

"beeerbarrel" wrote in message

And you can't leave it alone can you?

DA Is still running his mouth about me voting three times!!!!

--
Burr

I Voted "RIGHT"
I Vote Republican
Long Live The
Republican Party

Old January 22nd 05, 04:20 AM
Burr

Mike,
You are one of the dumbest SOB's that has ever been on this list.

--
Burr

I Voted "RIGHT"
I Vote Republican
Long Live The
Republican Party

Old January 22nd 05, 04:35 AM
m II

Burr wrote:

Mike,
You are one of the dumbest SOB's that has ever been on this list.

I figured you and cuhulin needed the company.

Look at the bright side, If I have an IQ of forty, then collectively we,
optimistically, rate a combined forty four. That must mean something. Let's
share our mediocrity in a pale imitation of real human joy, ok?

mike

Old January 22nd 05, 05:06 AM
Brian Hill

"dxAce" wrote in message
I am very pleased to say that Bruce Jensen and myself had a very

productive
phone call just a bit ago.

I apologised to him because of my behaviour here.

My greatist wish is that all of us here in RRS can find a way to deal with

each
other on a good basis, and I realise at times that it may not be possible

to do
that, but after speaking to Bruce and understanding that I think we had

what I
would consider to be a very good conversation, I hereby pledge to do my

part
here to try to keep things in context with the shortwave/dx'ing hobby.

Steve
dxAce
Michigan
USA

That's cool. I think the problem with typing one's feelings is it doesn't
show our true personalities very well at all. If we were all in one room , I
think we would all be suprised at how well we really would get along.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

Old January 22nd 05, 06:30 AM
m II

Brian Hill wrote:

That's cool. I think the problem with typing one's feelings is it doesn't
show our true personalities very well at all. If we were all in one room , I
think we would all be suprised at how well we really would get along.

Is that a holster bulge under your vest? g

mike

Bruce Bradley TK41C Broadcasting 0 June 9th 04 05:46 AM
William Wallace may be Robert the Bruce, Pay $ and find out Robert The Bruce CB 1 January 6th 04 02:23 AM
William Wallace, Robert the Bruce never said he is you Robert The Bruce CB 1 January 6th 04 02:05 AM
William Wallace, Robert the Bruce said he is you Lancer CB 0 January 6th 04 01:44 AM
Will PCTA Censure Bruce? WA8ULX Policy 0 September 13th 03 03:49 PM