Old April 26th 10, 10:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Pirates just off hf end of medium wave

Who are these AM pirates. Most seem to be Dutchmen as far as I can tell,
playing music from their own country, but every now and then you get
something you recognise.

Sometimes they speak English and explain something about their aerial or
somesuch, but is this some kind of tradition or what?

There used to be UK ones at one time.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old April 26th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Gaff wrote:
Who are these AM pirates. Most seem to be Dutchmen as far as I can tell,
playing music from their own country, but every now and then you get
something you recognise.

Sometimes they speak English and explain something about their aerial or
somesuch, but is this some kind of tradition or what?

There used to be UK ones at one time.

Brian

1610-1700 is mediumwave broadcast in North America.
Old April 26th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 26, 5:50*am, dave wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
Who are these AM pirates. Most seem to be Dutchmen as far as I can tell,
playing *music from their own country, but every now and then you get
something you recognise.

* Sometimes they speak English and explain something about their aerial or
somesuch, but is this some kind of tradition or what?

There used to be UK ones at one time.

* Brian

1610-1700 is mediumwave broadcast in North America.

....where, of course, we speak Dutch ;-)

Old April 27th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Gaff wrote:
Erm, yes, and their channel spacings are different too, but how is this
related to pirates here in the UK from Europe?
Brian

This is your first specific mention of your QTH.

"...here in the UK..."

Old May 1st 10, 08:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In message , dave
writes
Brian Gaff wrote:
Erm, yes, and their channel spacings are different too, but how is this
related to pirates here in the UK from Europe?
Brian

This is your first specific mention of your QTH.

"...here in the UK..."

I would have thought that Brian's ".co.uk" email address provided a
slight clue as to his location!
--
Ian
Old May 1st 10, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , dave
writes
Brian Gaff wrote:
Erm, yes, and their channel spacings are different too, but how is this
related to pirates here in the UK from Europe?
Brian

This is your first specific mention of your QTH.

"...here in the UK..."

I would have thought that Brian's ".co.uk" email address provided a
slight clue as to his location!

It is standard practise to give one's location, the frequency of
interest, and the time when discussing radio events.

I do not try to divine the above data by reverse engineering 2 lines of
IP routing history.