Old May 1st 10, 11:24 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Correct Response...

You know, I've been reading posts in this thread, and it truly
amazes me that some of the very same people who _strongly resent_
the idea of the policeman on every street corner (or is it every
tenth of a street corner these days?) being able to "demand your
papers" (your ID) -- something I don't like either -- have _no_
problem _at all_ with the police state being able to demand not only
your ID but intimate details about your family and home life, and
every tiny detail of every financial transaction you have ever
engaged in, on pain of severe punishment (ultimately enforced by
uniformed goons with guns) when the Census man or the Internal
Revenue man comes to call.

Isn't the latter much worse than the former?

With every good wish,

Kevin Alfred Strom.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old May 1st 10, 11:39 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

On May 1, 3:24*pm, Kevin Alfred Strom
wrote:
You know, I've been reading posts in this thread, and it truly
amazes me that some of the very same people who _strongly resent_
the idea of the policeman on every street corner (or is it every
tenth of a street corner these days?) being able to "demand your
papers" (your ID) -- something I don't like either -- have _no_
problem _at all_ with the police state being able to demand not only
your ID but intimate details about your family and home life, and
every tiny detail of every financial transaction you have ever
engaged in, on pain of severe punishment (ultimately enforced by
uniformed goons with guns) when the Census man or the Internal
Revenue man comes to call.

Isn't the latter much worse than the former?

With every good wish,

Kevin Alfred Strom.
--http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Kevin, I think gross inconsistency is a major part of the human
condition.

I wish I saw more police everywhere - we're cut back so far we
practically have one per square mile, in a densely populated area.

Much of what the IRS asks is if you have things you can deduct to make
your tax burden lower; my main beef with that is that the thing is too
complicated anyway, but at least it evens things out a little.

FWIW, the fully Constitutional Census asked very little of me...and it
nets back some of the hard-earned tax dollars originally handed over
to the IRS. In fact, I believe that my own tax burden was not enough,
and I wish we wealthier people would be required to pay more than what
we do. I find no problem with all of that. Others may, but again,
inconsistency is legion among homo "sapiens"...
Old May 2nd 10, 09:16 AM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

On May 1, 6:08*pm, BDK wrote:
In article b1c107fb-1675-47da-9f5b-9e1784f87454
@j20g2000prn.googlegroups.com, says...

wrote:
[...]

The census was hardly anything. I had it done in about one minute. I
wish I could say I felt my tax burden was too little. My property taxes
are ridiculous, one block over in the next city, they are 1/3 less. I
don't see any real difference in services and road conditions.
Supposedly the schools are better here, but I don't have kids in school,
so I don't really care about that too much, if it's true. The teachers
and school admins seem to be just as crazy as they are everywhere else,
creating nonsensical rules, one after another. And I thought the
teachers and admins were whackjobs back when I was in school. The
present ones make them look totally rational. I never thought I would be
saying that.

Income tax wise, I haven't gotten a dime back in 5 years, and I had to
pay out a lot most of those years. I would love a straight 13-15% flat
tax, I would have saved a lot of money. My boss paid less than I did
last year, and his income is over 25 times what mine is. It's crazy.

--
BDK, leader of the non-jew, non-existant jew paid shills!

It's that last paragraph that really gets me steamed. People who
receive gigantic salaries ought not be exempted into the lowest tax
bracket. It just stinks, and it's a big part of what keeps the middle
class scrambling to stay alive in this country.
Old May 2nd 10, 03:14 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

In article 68cf178f-fe00-4a2e-abd7-
, says...

wrote:
[...]

I was kind of angry with him, but then again, I would do it (Pay half
what I did) too, if I could. I figured it out and all together, fed,
local, and state, I paid almost 20%. I would love 13-15. This year, it
was 17, but it ended up being about the same amount, since I made a
little more. June and July are going to be tough with estimate and
property taxes due. Between the taxes, my mortgage, car payment, etc,
etc, I'm not able to put much, if any money away at the end of the
month.

--
BDK, leader of the non-jew, non-existant jew paid shills!
Old May 2nd 10, 07:02 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 02 May 2010 01:16:19 -0700, bpnjensen wrote:

On May 1, 6:08Â*pm, BDK wrote:
In article b1c107fb-1675-47da-9f5b-9e1784f87454
@j20g2000prn.googlegroups.com, says...

On May 1, 3:24Â*pm, Kevin Alfred Strom
wrote:
[...]

over to the IRS. Â*In fact, I believe that my own tax burden was not
enough, and I wish we wealthier people would be required to pay more
than what we do. Â*I find no problem with all of that. Â*Others may,
but again, inconsistency is legion among homo "sapiens"...

The census was hardly anything. I had it done in about one minute. I
wish I could say I felt my tax burden was too little. My property taxes
are ridiculous, one block over in the next city, they are 1/3 less. I
don't see any real difference in services and road conditions.
Supposedly the schools are better here, but I don't have kids in
school, so I don't really care about that too much, if it's true. The
teachers and school admins seem to be just as crazy as they are
everywhere else, creating nonsensical rules, one after another. And I
thought the teachers and admins were whackjobs back when I was in
school. The present ones make them look totally rational. I never
thought I would be saying that.

There is no hook in your ass and you can move any time you want.

"Senate rules don't trump the Constitution" -- http://GreaterVoice.org/60

Old May 2nd 10, 10:00 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
[...]

So Mr. Coburn apparently thinks this unfairness of things is A-OK?
Old May 2nd 10, 10:05 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

On 5/1/10 17:24 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
You know, I've been reading posts in this thread, and it truly amazes me
that some of the very same people who _strongly resent_ the idea of the
policeman on every street corner (or is it every tenth of a street
corner these days?) being able to "demand your papers" (your ID) --
something I don't like either -- have _no_ problem _at all_ with the
police state being able to demand not only your ID but intimate details
about your family and home life, and every tiny detail of every
financial transaction you have ever engaged in, on pain of severe
punishment (ultimately enforced by uniformed goons with guns) when the
Census man or the Internal Revenue man comes to call.

Isn't the latter much worse than the former?

I was with my girlfriend, this weekend, when she bought a car.
Simple transaction...pick one out, write a check. Drive it home.

I was amazed to hear the business office tell her that she was
required to fill out a credit application for the transaction. Name,
address, all credit card and all bank account numbers were required.
Rent payments, utility payments, any other oblications. Employment
history for the last 10 years, with names and phone numbers.
Residential history for the last 10 years with names and phone
numbers of landlords, mortgage companies.

And all sources of supplementary income.

When asked why the hell such detailed invasion of personal
information was necessary to write a check...why not just call the
bank verify the check and the amount, or hold it until it can be
verified.

I was told this was required, in order to be in compliance with
the Patriot Act.

Old May 2nd 10, 10:07 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

On 5/2/10 03:16 , bpnjensen wrote:

It's that last paragraph that really gets me steamed. People who
receive gigantic salaries ought not be exempted into the lowest tax
bracket. It just stinks, and it's a big part of what keeps the middle
class scrambling to stay alive in this country.

Yeah, when I pay more tax than John Kerry, it makes my blood
boil, too.

Old May 2nd 10, 11:14 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

On May 2, 2:07*pm, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 5/2/10 03:16 , bpnjensen wrote:

It's that last paragraph that really gets me steamed. *People who
receive gigantic salaries ought not be exempted into the lowest tax
bracket. *It just stinks, and it's a big part of what keeps the middle
class scrambling to stay alive in this country.

* *Yeah, when I pay more tax than John Kerry, it makes my blood
boil, too.

Goes both ways Peter, you know that.
Old May 2nd 10, 11:15 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

On 5/2/10 17:14 , bpnjensen wrote:
On May 2, 2:07 pm, "D. Peter wrote:
On 5/2/10 03:16 , bpnjensen wrote:

It's that last paragraph that really gets me steamed. People who
receive gigantic salaries ought not be exempted into the lowest tax
bracket. It just stinks, and it's a big part of what keeps the middle
class scrambling to stay alive in this country.

Yeah, when I pay more tax than John Kerry, it makes my blood
boil, too.

Goes both ways Peter, you know that.

I"m sorry, what do you mean?