Old May 10th 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AUDIOCLIP: 4VHTIAIE UNID 10mt BEACON

AUDIOCLIP: 4VHTIAIE UNID 10mt BEACON

4VHTIAIE 28221 KHz 18.00 - 18.30 UTC cw 02-05-2010

The audioclip is available he

http://blog.libero.it/radioascolto/8803710.html

Any idea about this beacon ?

73's Francesco

Central Italy

RX: ICOM R71
ANT: 100 mt wire
Old May 10th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

francesco wrote:
AUDIOCLIP: 4VHTIAIE UNID 10mt BEACON

4VHTIAIE 28221 KHz 18.00 - 18.30 UTC cw 02-05-2010

The audioclip is available he

Play it slowly and a new mystery appears. It's not 4VHTIAE, I'm not sure
but the only thing that is clear is the first 4. It may be a 4s6 (Sri Lanka
novice with code) but that's awfully far from Italy. Possibly 4S6TIL.

If you ever do find out who it is suggest that they slow their ID down
to about 3-4wpm and exagurate the spacing between letters. Then it is
slow enough to copy the dits and dahs on paper and figure it out. It
might anoy experienced hams, but inexperienced ones, or swl's can "get
it".

There are also a lot of Eastern European hams running 3-4 wpm, having decided
it was better to get on the air at the speed they can do, than to practice
until they can reach the speed everyone else does.

Other hams are working them, so it works.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.
Old May 11th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Some old Guitar Amps for sale.On eBay.
http://www.techchee.com

Chee! I remember an old Sunn Guitar Amp I sent to Zumbrota,Minnesota a
few years ago.I never got paid for that old Sunn Guitar Amp though.In
hindsight, I should have taken that old Sunn Guitar Amp to Morrison
Brothers Music Company at 127 Dyess Road in
Ridgeland,Mississippi.Ridgeland is about ten something miles North of
doggy's couch.
http://shop.mobro.net

If I ever come up with another Good old Music related thangy and if I
wants to sell it, that is exactly what I will do!
cuhulin

Old May 11th 10, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel *N3OWJ/4X1GM