Old May 28th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default South Korea resumes border broadcasts

On 05/27/2010 09:51 PM, Gregg wrote:
On May 27, 9:05 pm, Bill wrote:
On 05/27/2010 01:09 PM, Gregg wrote:

On May 26, 9:58 pm, "Brenda
wrote:
"Bill wrote in message

I am almost laughing at the audacity of the north. Threatening the US is
not very wise. One H-bomb and north Korea is history. Anyone know if the
south is broadcasting on short wave??
Seriously, I want to try.

The DPRK uses this sort of thing strictly to get attention from the US. They
want to deal from some sort of position of strength, whether real or
imagined. Neither side wants to start a ground war, since neither side can
possibly win. If the DPRK were to start something, it would be with missiles
and purported bio weapons. They don't really want to do that, either, since
it would defeat the purpose of any attack: to gain arable ground and
resources.

As far as a nuke being dropped on the DPRK.. ain't NEVER gonna happen. For
one thing, the prevailing winds this time of year would tend to take any
fallout into China, resulting in China retaliating, and we don't need
that...

The ROK does have SW broadcasts, but I can't tell you what frequencies,
since I can't hear any of them here. The article says they're using FM
broadcasts to the DPRK... doubt there would be anyone that could hear them.
I know that the plant (972 KHz) about 15 miles from here, running 1.5MW, is
aimed right at Pyeongyang...

Good post BA - but I see down below where Bill said what I already
knew about the HBomb.

For lack of a better word, it is a "cleaner burn" so too speak. These
countries that have this capability
know all the ramifications - both good and bad. I am sure that if it
gets to the point of a TSHTF scenario - - the last thing any country
that strikes the North is going to be worried about is prevailing
winds on China. If it bothers China so bad, they better put a stop to
this tid for tad crap or they can take a deep breath of "fresh bomb/
missile air and hold it for thirty seconds then exhale." ;-)

Not that it won't be considered (prevailing winds), but that alone
won't stop a missile strike. If that was the case....figure it out -
any country like the North and China would never have to worry about
anything.

The bottom line is this IMO. If any of these countries, any of them,
continue to play bully and/or cry wolf - be prepared for the
repercussions (just ask a relative of Hussein) - prevailing winds be
damned. Don't think Israel isn't looking VERY CLOSELY at this
situation and they could give a flying fook (thanks Ace) about
prevailing winds because if they feel their security is going to be
compromised - they aren't going to let it happen. Just sit back and
watch how things "should be handled" if Iran continues to try an go
nuclear per Israelsnicker.I know the North has their M.O. and it's
like the kid on the playground who says "my daddy can beat up your
daddy" - sooner or later if that is said enough - you know what
happens? That's right, the two daddy's end up meetingheh I know
this from personal experience.

Sooner or later it's all gonna go down and I'll say "Let The Games
Begin."

Well Gregg,
That just about mirrors my opinion, but this whole scenario smells like
Nostradamus Could be correct.
Bill Baka- Hide quoted text -

Even wilder Bill is that many comment on Nostradamus, the Lord Jesus
Christ said all this and even more - with 0% success rate. It's funny
(not saying you) though that he never gets any of the credit and he
has said all this with a 100% success rate and it's only gonna keep
getting more impressive - - - with NO MISTAKES.:-)

Yeah, probably. I'm too close to a local AFB, Beale, so I would be among
the first to go if anything ever got to that point. It has been 2,000
years so maybe the calendar is off. I do think we will do ourselves in
at some point in this century.
Bill Baka