Old May 31st 10, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT- To all ...

On 2010-05-30, wrote:

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our
Country.

Veterans Day is November 11.

- People "who gave their lives in service to our country" were what?
- Not veterans cuz they didn't survive!? Might be, but the fact they
- didn't survive means little in the big picture and even less in your
- little hair-splitting rectification. Memorial Day, Veteran's
- Day.... there can never be too many observances in honor of those
who
- have defended our country and it's damn petty to take someone to
task
- over such a minor distinction.
-
- nb

-wrt- People "who gave their lives in service to our country"

For a Nation 'at-War' Service goes beyond just
those who Served in Uniform {Our Veterans}.
Americas who were in the US Merchant Marine
and 'other' non-uniform services : Who Gave
Their Lives "In-Service" To Our Country.

Blow me.
Old May 31st 10, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.thecityofcolumbusms.org/primary.asp?t=9&p=62

Catfish Alley in Columbus.

Decorating the Graves of the Blue and the Grey, it all started first in
Columbus,Mississippi.April 25,1866.

They didn't have good quality dye back in those days, for dyeing
cloth/fabric.It didn't take long untill that Blue started fading to
Grey.

I Hope things get better for you, Drifter.
cuhulin

Old June 1st 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2010-05-30, *wrote:

[...]

Blow me.- Hide quoted text -

Would that really make it better Dave? ;-)
Old June 1st 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On 2010-05-30, *wrote:

[...]

dave, Dave. DAVE !

You Do It So Well Yourself
{It's 'nice' to see an expert-at-work ;-}

no bugle required ~ RHF

-ps- Please note that I did not change the
Subject Line to : Dave -proclaims- "Blow Me"
.. . . but dave . . . it's the thought that counts ;;-))
Old May 31st 10, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2010-05-30, wrote:

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our
Country.

Veterans Day is November 11.

People "who gave their lives in service to our country" were what?
Not veterans cuz they didn't survive!? Might be, but the fact they
didn't survive means little in the big picture and even less in your
little hair-splitting rectification. Memorial Day, Veteran's
Day.... there can never be too many observances in honor of those who
have defended our country and it's damn petty to take someone to task
over such a minor distinction.

nb

Now Bob, Steve and BA have every right to voice their op. I started
this, because i have backed Vets all my life. and, also i'm hurting
a little here, because of a Family prob, i will not be able to be
with my friends at the Rolling Thunder event this Holiday. I feel
terrible about this, but, my family needs me at this time. also, I
believe in honoring those who served their country, dead or alive,
military or civie. all who served!

Drifter...

Old June 1st 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2010-05-30, *wrote:

[...]

Drifter...- Hide quoted text -

X2 Drifter, hope whatever is going on gets better and gets better
quickly! :-)