Old May 30th 10, 12:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT- To all ...

The Vets out there, thanks for your service.
enjoy Your Holiday.

Drifter...
Old May 30th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

The Vets out there, thanks for your service.
enjoy Your Holiday.

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our
Country.

Veterans Day is November 11.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 30th 10, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Drifter wrote:

The Vets out there, thanks for your service.
enjoy Your Holiday.

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the
Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our

Ah.. you've hit on one of my peeves, Steve. Any day people get off they
call a "holiday". Memorial day is not a holiday, and is not meant to be
"celebrated." It is a solemn observance, and, like many actual holidays, has
been usurped and treated as just another reason to have a sale...

Old May 30th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I went to the Trail of Honor event last Sunday, the Vietnam Memorial
Traveling Wall was there too.
I took some pictures with my Kodak Advantix F600 camera.Last Thursday, I
took my film cartridge to the Wal Mart store to get the film developed,
they should be ready for me to pick up later this week.I will snail mail
some of the photos to that married Irish woman wayyyyyy over yonder
across the big pond.

Memorial Day first got started in Columbus,Mississippi.Way back then, it
was called Decoration Day.

http://www.devilfinder.com
Mississippi Trivia
cuhulin

Old May 30th 10, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Indianapolis 500 Pre-Race.ABC tee vee channel, right now.Next up,
IndyCar Racing, ABC channel.
cuhulin.

Old May 30th 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2010-05-30, dxAce wrote:

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our
Country.

Veterans Day is November 11.

People "who gave their lives in service to our country" were what?
Not veterans cuz they didn't survive!? Might be, but the fact they
didn't survive means little in the big picture and even less in your
little hair-splitting rectification. Memorial Day, Veteran's
Day.... there can never be too many observances in honor of those who
have defended our country and it's damn petty to take someone to task
over such a minor distinction.

nb
Old May 30th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2010-05-30, Brenda Ann wrote:

"celebrated." It is a solemn observance, and, like many actual holidays, has
been usurped and treated as just another reason to have a sale...

Only if you choose to. I recognize it for what it is. You have the
same option.

nb
Old May 30th 10, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2010-05-30, wrote:

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our
Country.

Veterans Day is November 11.

People "who gave their lives in service to our country" were what?
Not veterans cuz they didn't survive!? Might be, but the fact they
didn't survive means little in the big picture and even less in your
little hair-splitting rectification. Memorial Day, Veteran's
Day.... there can never be too many observances in honor of those who
have defended our country and it's damn petty to take someone to task
over such a minor distinction.

nb

Memorial Day is about how stupid the Civil War was, and, by logical
extension, how stupid all wars are. I'd honor the veterans more if
they'd quit obeying illegal orders.
Old May 30th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On 2010-05-30, dxAce wrote:

Thanks. However, this 'holiday' is not Veterans Day, but rather the Memorial
Day 'holiday', when we honour those who gave their lives in service to our
Country.

Veterans Day is November 11.

- People "who gave their lives in service to our country" were what?
- Not veterans cuz they didn't survive!? *Might be, but the fact they
- didn't survive means little in the big picture and even less in your
- little hair-splitting rectification. *Memorial Day, Veteran's
- Day.... there can never be too many observances in honor of those
who
- have defended our country and it's damn petty to take someone to
task
- over such a minor distinction. *
-
- nb

-wrt- People "who gave their lives in service to our country"

For a Nation 'at-War' Service goes beyond just
those who Served in Uniform {Our Veterans}.
Americas who were in the US Merchant Marine
and 'other' non-uniform services : Who Gave
Their Lives "In-Service" To Our Country.

-simply- Remember All Those Who Gave Their Lives
Protecting Our Freedoms.
God Bless Them One and All - amen ~ RHF

-and- Honoring All Those Who Service and Came
Home as Living Testaments to Those Who Did Not.
God Bless Them One and All - amen ~ RHF
Old May 31st 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Now Hear Thi, REVEILLE!, I REPETE, REVEILLE!
http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/reveille.mp3

There will be NO movie tonight!

Now Hear Thi, Sweepers, man your brooms.Do not throw trash over the
fantail! ~ Mr.Roberts is on the TCM channel now.

The Royal Order of the Palm.
cuhulin