Old June 3rd 10, 08:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default QSL's received June 2010

On Jun 2, 9:55*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
FOR ANYONE who actually gives a damn about radio right now...

RUSSIA, Voice of Russia, 13775 kHz via P-K, May 2, 2010 at 0532z.
*Signed full data card "House of Music" from its current architectural
series celebrating 80 years of SWBC - For reception report by mail, in
31 days. *VoR is definitely interested in getting RRs and sending QSLs
- not too hard to QSL a quarter of the world's landmass if you just
concentrate on Russia!

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

Bruce as long as it is 'you' that gives a damn about
Radio and Shortwave Listening that is all that should
truly matter to 'you'.

Let not the actions of others define the 'you' that is "you".

BpnJ - Keep Your Love for Radio and Spirit of
Shortwave Listening A-Live in Your Heart and Mind.

blessed be the radio listener for he listens with
his ears and hears with his heart - amen ~ RHF
Old June 3rd 10, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 2, 7:57*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 1, 4:53*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Jun 1, 4:25*pm, dxAce wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:
Well, Voice of Russia did it to me this time...

**GUIANA FRENCH, PRIDNESTROVIE, RUSSIA, Voice of Russia, 9735 AND 9665
AND 15425 kHz, 17 March 2010, 0200z-0300z. *Signed "partial" data card
"St. Clement's Church at the Corner;" - For reception report by email
May 18, 2010, in 14 days. I say "partial" data card because - This is
one of those situations where, by describing my receipt of their
station on one frequency from one place in the *actual report*
(Pridnestrovie) but comparing it to signals from two other sites at
the same time (French Guiana and Russia) in the *cover letter,* they
decided to verify *all three* in the same QSL card, without
identifying any one of them at all anywhere in the text.

AAAHHH! *So what do I do? *All three freqs are identified on the card,
and I am sure I was able to hear all three at the same time (I know I
did not fudge anything) - can I rightfully say that this card covers
all three?

Here's what In intend to do, just to satisfy myself - in the
compartment with this card, I am going to add a note card with the A10
schedule passages that Identify these three locations as transmitter
sites. *I don't care what anyone else thinks :-)

Did you specifically ask them to verify the transmitter sites? I've never had
a problem getting the site put on the card, and have had them in the past do 5
or so freq's and sites on one card.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Well, I had asked in the past, and they always included the TX site
(not every station does this). *This time I skipped that step,
assuming (perhaps too much) that they would place the TX sites on the
cards - much to my chagrin :-( * I won't make that mistake again.

Anyway, the HFCC / Aoki schedules bear out the scheduled transmissions
and their respective sites, except for the mistake they made 3 nights
running where they switched Fr. Guiana to English. *For my own
reference, I am placing that information with the card, and one of
these days I will get each of the two relay sites individually (I
already have a P-K card). *I know what I heard - so what else matters,
right? :-)

Bruce- Hide quoted text -

As a followup to this - I contacted NASWA to see how they'd suggest
handling this issue if it were for certification - Gary N. of NASWA
kindly offered to certify the card for all three countries if I
provided a scan of the card and a weblink for the HFCC/Eibi/Aoki
schedules that show that the freqs listed are unique for VoR at those
TX sites. *This I will do later today.

Bruce Jensen

Well, I submitted the aforementioned information, and Gary at NASWA
said it was acceptable, that the QSL is good for three countries.
Yay!

Bruce Jensen
Old June 3rd 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 3, 12:31*am, RHF wrote:
[...]

*.

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment, but that's not the point.
Old June 3rd 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 2, 10:35*pm, Gregg wrote:
On Jun 1, 7:21*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

Here's what In intend to do, just to satisfy myself - in the
compartment with this card, I am going to add a note card with the A10
schedule passages that Identify these three locations as transmitter
sites. *I don't care what anyone else thinks :-)

Ha! Do it, no one will say you're a bad guy. ;-)

Sneaky, maybe...naw, even NASWA says it's OK now. If they be cool, I
be cool.
Old June 4th 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

**RWANDA, Deutsche Welle, Relay via Kigali, 7,240 kHz, 22 May, 2010,
0400z-0436z. Unsigned full data card "Keep tuning in" photo of
1950's / '60's household MW/SW radios - by airmail, for reception
report by airmail, 15 days. Nice, fast service. Wish VOA was this
speedy!

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

Old June 7th 10, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:40:22 -0400, wrote:

Jim

QSL received 6/7/2010 from Fanling, Hong Kong for amateur contact
4/19/2010 on 14276 kHz @ 1237 UTC.

Jim
Old June 7th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 7, 12:39*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:40:22 -0400, wrote:

Jim

QSL received 6/7/2010 from Fanling, Hong Kong for amateur contact
4/19/2010 on 14276 kHz @ 1237 UTC.

Jim

Good show! About how many do you collect a month, Jim? Do you try to
exchange QSLs for each contact?

Bruce
Old June 7th 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

**ALBANIA, Radio Tirana, 7425 kHz, April 17, 2010 during my local
evening (have to check time). Partial data card (date and freq.
only), unsigned but with a handwritten ending "English Section." Very
thin paper stock, picturing an abstract pen drawing of a young woman
in traditional garb. with station logo and words "Albania" and "Radio
Tirana." In airmail envelope with complimentary postcard of the
ancient Butrint Amphitheatre with a handwritten signed note, "Thank
you for writing to us, Best Wishes, Radiso Tirorys (sp)." Received
in 51 days. This was a very tough station to hear and understand,
very weak signal here in WNAm, so I am pretty pleased with this one.

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

Old June 7th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 7, 3:26*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
**ALBANIA, Radio Tirana, 7425 kHz, April 17, 2010 during my local
evening (have to check time). *Partial data card (date and freq.
only), unsigned but with a handwritten ending "English Section." *Very
thin paper stock, picturing an abstract pen drawing of a young woman
in traditional garb. with station logo and words "Albania" and "Radio
Tirana." *In airmail envelope with complimentary postcard of the
ancient Butrint Amphitheatre with a handwritten signed note, "Thank
you for writing to us, Best Wishes, Radiso Tirorys (sp)." * Received
in 51 days. *This was a very tough station to hear and understand,
very weak signal here in WNAm, so I am pretty pleased with this one.

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

P.S. - It occurs to me that "Radiso Tirorys" might actually be "Radio
Tirana" but it's a tough call - pretty wild penmanship ;-)
Old June 8th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:17:58 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

On Jun 7, 12:39*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:40:22 -0400, wrote:

Jim

QSL received 6/7/2010 from Fanling, Hong Kong for amateur contact
4/19/2010 on 14276 kHz @ 1237 UTC.

Jim

Good show! About how many do you collect a month, Jim? Do you try to
exchange QSLs for each contact?

Bruce

Depends on propagation and what I send for. In March we had some good
propagation so I sent out a bunch of QSL's to the far east. Recently I
sent for a couple local things like the Indy Speedway QSL's. I might
send a card to the new stations I worked in Iceland and Kazakhstan but
then I already have QSL's from those countries.

If someone asks for a QSL, I will send one. I don't exchange with
everyone I talk to. The postage cost is too high. The card I sent to
Hong Kong came back with a $3 stamp and I only sent $2 and self
addressed envelope to cover the return. Now that is a $3 Hong Kong,
China stamp so I don't know what its actually worth but you see where
it can get expensive for all involved.

I just talked to a guy in Cuba with 100 watts while I was sitting here
and he contacted a few stations in Europe so conditons are not bad on
20m. Still waiting to hear Arnie Coro on the air.

Jim