Old June 1st 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default QSL's received June 2010

QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.

Jim
Old June 1st 10, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 1, 11:40*am, wrote:
QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.

Jim

Superb!
Old June 1st 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:03:26 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

On Jun 1, 11:40*am, wrote:
QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.

Jim

Superb!

Figured I would start the thread over for the month. Just went back
and saw all your QSL's for May. Well done!

Jim
Old June 1st 10, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Jun 1, 11:40*am, wrote:
QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.

Jim

Superb!

Figured I would start the thread over for the month. Just went back
and saw all your QSL's for May. Well done!

Jim

Thanks - hopefully I can add some more to this thread myself soon :-)
Old June 1st 10, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Jun 1, 11:40 am, wrote:
QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.
Jim
Superb!

Figured I would start the thread over for the month. Just went back
and saw all your QSL's for May. Well done!

Jim

Thanks - hopefully I can add some more to this thread myself soon :-)

Bands have been sucky lately. Some VHF excitement here and there.
Luckily the IRA still works.

Old June 1st 10, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.

Jim

What power?
Old June 1st 10, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Jun 1, 11:40 am, wrote:
QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.
Jim
Superb!
Figured I would start the thread over for the month. Just went back
and saw all your QSL's for May. Well done!

Jim

Thanks - hopefully I can add some more to this thread myself soon :-)

Bands have been sucky lately. *Some VHF excitement here and there.
Luckily the IRA still works.- Hide quoted text -

Had a bunch of geomagnetic storms last week - so no surprise there.
Old June 1st 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 1, 1:33*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 1, 1:18*pm, dave wrote:

wrote:
On Jun 1, 11:40 am, wrote:
QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.
Jim
Superb!
Figured I would start the thread over for the month. Just went back
and saw all your QSL's for May. Well done!

Jim

Thanks - hopefully I can add some more to this thread myself soon :-)

Bands have been sucky lately. *Some VHF excitement here and there.
Luckily the IRA still works.- Hide quoted text -

Had a bunch of geomagnetic storms last week - so no surprise there.- Hide quoted text -

Here's where I go for quickie looks -

http://www.eham.net/DX/propagation

The SFI is still too low, the A Index still too high - when those
change, the bands will improve I suppose...
Old June 1st 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 13:19:43 -0700, dave wrote:

wrote:
QSL received from Jamestown, St. Helena Island for amateur contact on
3/15/10 on 21.240 at 1320UTC.

Jim

What power?

100 watts. Conditions were great for about a week back in March. I
worked a bunch of stations on 15 meters just running barefoot. The
only time I had to use more was working some of the far east stations
on 20 meters. Hong Kong, Indonesia. Thailand, etc.

Sunspot number went up for a few days. Then we got hit with a
geomagnetic storm. Was talking to a guy in Missouri and one in Indiana
on 40m earlier today and both guys just faded out. The only guy that
stayed strong was a truck driver in North Carolina.

The truck driver is a cool guy. He is taking a job for a couple years
in Japan and he already has his Japanese license so he can transmit
from there. I will be listening for him and hopefully can make a
contact.

Jim
Old June 2nd 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Well, Voice of Russia did it to me this time...

**GUIANA FRENCH, PRIDNESTROVIE, RUSSIA, Voice of Russia, 9735 AND 9665
AND 15425 kHz, 17 March 2010, 0200z-0300z. Signed "partial" data card
"St. Clement's Church at the Corner;" - For reception report by email
May 18, 2010, in 14 days. I say "partial" data card because - This is
one of those situations where, by describing my receipt of their
station on one frequency from one place in the *actual report*
(Pridnestrovie) but comparing it to signals from two other sites at
the same time (French Guiana and Russia) in the *cover letter,* they
decided to verify *all three* in the same QSL card, without
identifying any one of them at all anywhere in the text.

AAAHHH! So what do I do? All three freqs are identified on the card,
and I am sure I was able to hear all three at the same time (I know I
did not fudge anything) - can I rightfully say that this card covers
all three?

Here's what In intend to do, just to satisfy myself - in the
compartment with this card, I am going to add a note card with the A10
schedule passages that Identify these three locations as transmitter
sites. I don't care what anyone else thinks :-)

Bruce Jensen
California, USA