Old June 16th 10, 11:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default No response needed

I just want the world to know.
Dear Senator,

My wife and I have a small store where we have been selling shrimp from for
11 years. Our store is actually a boat in St. Andrews Marina. Everyday
fishermen hired by BP are going out in search of oil. I see 30 to 50 boats
leave every morning. Many (it should be most*) of these are fishermen that
have lost there means of making a living. BP has hired them and is paying
them well. At this time we have no oil in Panama City.

MY FIRST POINT, don't do anything that will affect the financial viability
of BP. You should encourage purchase of BP fuel, you need to keep BP healthy
so the stock price can rise, this makes BP stronger so it can continue to
pay cleanup crews and claims.

I am on this marina everyday and I know most of the fishermen, the fisherman
are thrilled with the pay from BP.

A small boat of 20 ft gets $1000 dollars day, This is $250,000 a year for a
5 day work week. Fuel and supplies are paid by BP. The larger the boat the
higher the pay, $3000 a day is the highest I have heard. That's $750,000 a
year, and the expenses are paid. Deckhands are getting $200 dollars a day,
that is $50,000 a year. Most of these deckhands never saw $20,000 a year in
there life.

The pay is so high that the shrimpers are stopping shrimping and going to
work for BP, on oil patrol. The same is happening in Apalachicola Fl, (about
100 miles SE of me) the oyster capitol of this area. Our local oyster bar
had to find a new source for oysters, his oystermen went to work for BP.

A quote from our local newspaper,

"APALACHICOLA - With compensation checks easily available, oystering has
slowed to a crawl on Apalachicola Bay. ...Seafood houses across the county
say they are able to obtain barely 10 percent of their normal allotment of
oysters. There are plenty of oysters. ( just know one to harvest them)

Same with Apalachicola shrimpers, There is no oil and plenty of shrimp.

Panama City Beach is a tourist area, when the oil gets here the thousands of
hotel rooms will not have tourists, the housekeepers won't have work, the
restaurants won't have customers and waitresses tips will dwindle. All
business will be affected. Real estate is already greatly affected, people
don't want to buy with oil coming and some know prices will be lower in 3 or
4 months.

Now back to my situation, for the last 7 years we have been open 10 hrs a
day, 7 days a week, 363 days a year.

We will continue working until we can't. The plan was 7 to 10 more years,
now I don't know if it will be one more month or one more year. At this
point I am confident BP will pay for any losses that I may have in the
future, but they need to continue to be financially strong.

I'm sure you're aware that the BP stock price is down 44% since the spill
started. This means they have lost 73 billion in market capitalization. It
is time to help the company recover rather than do anything that could
affect the price further.

Many retirees rely on BP dividends for retirement income. If you push the
idea to create an escrow fund and cause the dividend to be unpaid, this will
lower the stock price, further weakening the company. Without those
dividends the retirees will find other stocks to get there income**.

This could cause BP to fail.

If you allow BP to stay strong, the 15 to 20 billion dollars of profit they
generate every year will be more

than enough to pay cleanup and claims.

Please stay focused on the unintended consequences of creating an escrow
fund.

Sincerely,

Mike Knowlton

**Recreational fisherman are jumping on this gravy train, it should have
been commercial

fishermen first. Retirees are supplementing their retirement with their
recreational fishing boat.

** ( starting with 44% less money)

Old June 16th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I Want our Gulf of Mexico Back, the Way it used to be!

To HELL!!! WITH BP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuhulin

Old June 16th 10, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

amdx wrote:
I just want the world to know.

MY FIRST POINT, don't do anything that will affect the financial viability
of BP. You should encourage purchase of BP fuel, you need to keep BP healthy
so the stock price can rise, this makes BP stronger so it can continue to
pay cleanup crews and claims.

You gotta be kidding me.

BP is not going to clean this up. Obama is not going to clean this up.
A dozen hurricanes is not going to clean this up.

**** BP. **** the oil business. **** Western Civilization.
Old June 16th 10, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 16, 8:06*am, dave wrote:
amdx wrote:
* *I just want the world to know.
MY FIRST POINT, don't do anything that will affect the financial viability
of BP. You should encourage purchase of BP fuel, you need to keep BP healthy
so the stock price can rise, this makes BP stronger so it can continue to
pay cleanup crews and claims.

- You gotta be kidding me.
-
- BP is not going to clean this up.
-*Obama is not going to clean this up.
- A dozen hurricanes is not going to clean this up.
-
- **** BP.
-***** the oil business.
- **** Western Civilization.

Dave -proclaims- **** BP.
Dave -proclaims- **** the oil business.
Dave -proclaims- **** Western Civilization.

Now Dave, I bet if you had to condense it down
to just one word that word would be "****" !

dave - you are so 'special' ~ RHF
Old June 16th 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 16, 9:33*am, wrote:
I Want our Gulf of Mexico Back, the Way it used to be!

To HELL!!! WITH BP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuhulin

Unfortunately Cuh, it will NEVER be the way it used to be. Once oil
leaks, that's bad enough, but to be let go totally unabated like this
has. It'll never be the same, let me rephrase that, not in two
lifetimes IMO - maybe three.

Old June 16th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 16, 12:05*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 16, 8:59*am, "amdx" wrote:

wrote in message

I Want our Gulf of Mexico Back, the Way it used to be!

To HELL!!! WITH BP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuhulin

* Do you have a replacement for oil that will work for all Americans
so they can get to work tommorrow? Can you supply the demands
of indusry tomorrow without Oil?
BP is a 100,000 workers, and many more in smaller companies that
sell goods and services to support their industry. There are millions
of retires depending on the dividends paid quarterly by BP for the income.
*There were a few people that made poor decisions that 99%
of the time would have never been noticed. This time things
conspired and we have an accident that is huge.
*Blame government, this all started in the 70s, we should have started
seriously looking for alternatives then.
*Also look at the environmentalists and NIMBYs that pushed BP
50 miles of shore in 5000 ft of water. Bp would much rather be in 200 ft
off water where this would have been fixed in two days.
* * You may "feel" Bp should go to hell, but clearly you have not done any
logical
analysis of the situation and the effect that bankrupting BP will have.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Mike

It DID happen in the 1970's - Jimmy Carter tried with his might to
urge alternative solutions; his successor, starting in 1980, took
alternative energy off the table and effectively shelved it for almost
30 years. *We, the American people, never should have let this happen
- but wealth and comfort can make people lazy and overlook the needs
of the future.

I should have pushed harder. *Every day, every way. *This specific
issue is BP's responsibility, but the spill is my fault.- Hide quoted text -

If you believe the stories Bruce (and I do) there have been many
people and companies with the answer, only to be squashed like a bug
by big oil and the idiots on Capitol Hill lining their pockets. Just
my pennies worth.
Old June 16th 10, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Don'tchoo cuss on this hear radio? ~ Burt Reynolds - Smoky and the
Bandit.

Thanks ~ Sally Fields.
cuhulin

Old June 17th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Larry, how often did/do you go to the beach?
How often do you go fishing in open waters?
How much fresh seafood do you eat?

I know you will tell the truth. TIA

--
Burr
Big, Lean, Mean and Clean

Old June 17th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There cuzzin Burr issa,,,
I haven't been to a beach since around 1997 or 1998.I haven't been
fishing in many, many years.If you go fishing, get a can of sweet corn
and poke some holes in the can and hang it in the water.It will bring
the fishies to you.
Seafood? Now I am hongry!
cuhulin

Old June 18th 10, 07:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:09:32 -0500, amdx wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
amdx wrote:
I just want the world to know.

MY FIRST POINT, don't do anything that will affect the financial
viability
of BP. You should encourage purchase of BP fuel, you need to keep BP
healthy
so the stock price can rise, this makes BP stronger so it can continue
to pay cleanup crews and claims.

You gotta be kidding me.

BP is not going to clean this up. Obama is not going to clean this up.
A dozen hurricanes is not going to clean this up.

That's not what I see from the marina I'm on, Every morning 30 to 50
boats
leave on oil patrol. If they see anything they have pads, booms and
equipment
to clean it up. They are getting paid well, a small boat owner is
getting $250,000
a year, a bigger boat could get $750,000. Their fuel and expenses are
paid by BP.
This is 3 to 10 times more than these fishermen ever earned in their
life.
I agree, Obama will not clean it up. He is clueless.

Great! This is working out sooo well that perhaps we should do this to
the California coast! I like how it's worked out for Alaska, Thank you
Sarah!

Stop eating fish, kill-em off then scoop em out!

Response to SC Roadrunner NNTP Antenna 8 November 1st 06 02:49 AM
Response to SC Roadrunner NNTP Equipment 8 November 1st 06 02:49 AM
Response to SC Roadrunner NNTP Homebrew 9 November 1st 06 02:49 AM
Response to SC Merlin-7 KI4ILB Shortwave 3 October 30th 06 03:14 AM
Can't get a response Brokebob Homebrew 6 November 18th 03 09:07 PM