Old July 27th 10, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Gentrification Squared on Acid

On Jul 26, 8:51*pm, Mike wrote:
On Jul 26, 11:13*pm, RHF wrote:

On Jul 26, 3:26*pm, dave wrote:

RHF wrote:
-wrt- Gentification Squared on Acid

More like a Gentry-Fried Square on Acid

Dave the suburbs remain the suburbs : They
may become run down and even 'ghettoized'
-but- They will never become the 'inner city' since
they are located outside the City proper.

downtown is downtown and up-town is up-town
and the suburbs ain't in-town at all ~ RHF
* .

Walkin' down the street, smoggy-eyed
Looking at the sky, starry-eyed
Searchin' for the place, weary-eyed
Crying in the night, teary-eyed

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto

Wonder when I'll find paradise
Somewhere there's a home sweet and nice
Song text taken from stlyrics.com
Wonder if I'll find happiness
Never give it up now I guess

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto

There's no need to search anywhere
Happiness is here, have your share
If you know you're loved, be secure
Paradise is love to be sure

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto

Don't you know that it's true
That for me and for you
The world is a ghetto

-War

- - Dubs {Dave},
- - The Twomps The Twomps are Calling
- - and there is no landmark for u . . .
- -
- - Welcome to the Los Barrio de San Antonio
- - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ant...nd,_California
- -
- - Bro "D" be Riding in the Back Seat
- - Holding a Pair-O-9s whit an Eye Out fo U
- -
- - PoPo be flashing but den he gone
- - the Dubs is 24&7 while you liv-in
- -
- - ain't no luv
- - ain't no haters
- - jus biz
- - nuf sad ~ Miss TPA {so she say}
- - *.
- - *.

- So, you're African-American, after all, RHF?
- What a surprise!

well, Well. WELL !
There You Go MWB . . .
Jumping to Conclusions

as I have said I am 'darker' then most
but I do not think that anyone would
call me Black or African-American ~ RHF

-ps- if I had written it I would have signed it 'RHF'
but "Miss TPA" gets her attributions for her help.

-however this was me-
Welcome to the Los Barrio de San Antonio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ant...nd,_California

As-for-me Born in the Shadow of "Monkey Wards"
-wrt- Jingletown & Fruity Vale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingletown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitva...nd,_California
Old July 27th 10, 01:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 27, 4:45*am, RHF wrote:
On Jul 26, 8:51*pm, Mike wrote:

On Jul 26, 11:13*pm, RHF wrote:

On Jul 26, 3:26*pm, dave wrote:

RHF wrote:
[...]

- -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio,_Oakland,_California
- -
[...]

Welcome to the Los Barrio de San Antoniohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio,_Oakland,_California

- As-for-me Born in the Shadow of "Monkey Wards"
http://www.davidsanger.com/stockimages/9-441-93.wards

- -wrt- Jingletown & Fruity Vale
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingletown
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitva...nd,_California

Still carry my 'Jingletown' Coin Holder
http://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/im...mb-197x200.jpg
-but- my Daddy always carried one of these
http://www.cityorg-pdq.co.uk/acatalo...yholder-bl.jpg

*.
*.

Old July 27th 10, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default William "Bill" Cooper & The Hour of the {Our} Time

On 7/26/2010 5:05 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 7/26/10 14:32 , Drifter wrote:
On 7/26/2010 12:31 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Nicely put Peter. In my neck of the world, the Hill District, is the so
called local getto. too many years ago, it was home to the captains of
industry. coal barons, steel magnets, etc. big beautiful homes, churches
looking like they belonged in old europe. and, as always does, the money
was lured out of the city, you can check/ read the history of the
first Johnstown flood. and other places in our mountains of western PA.
the homes left behind were mostly made into many apartment set-ups.
most people living in the city, blue collar, needed to be near their
work. and so it goes. max profit, little over all up keep. in a matter
of a generation, the large beautiful homes and the nice locals were a
slum. and so it now goes in the so called rust belt. BTW, the Hill
is the Hill Street station from the old cop series. "Hill Street Blues"
the main writer was an x cop from the burg.

BTW, on the way home from Indy, a bunch of us stopped to see "The Eye".
Peter, I love it! took a bunch of pix. always enjoy Chicago food too.

Drifter...

The inner city in St Louis was likewise a home for the monied, powerful
and connected. Lafayette Square was a Victorian haven for the wealthy
forces that drove the development and industrialization of St Louis.
Before I left, you could buy a 4 story 8 bedroom Victoran home in
Lafayette Square for $8000. Sometimes less.

Well, the old homes got so much attention by the fans of period
architecture, that some were buying them up at market prices, and
spending $500,000 and more to return them to their native splendor.

By the time I left St Louis, Lafayette Square was a vital, very upscale
community with a vibrant life, and tremendous economic and cultural
holdings. Now on the National Historic Register.

http://www.lafayettesquare.org

When the area fell into disrepair, it fell into the hands of slumlords,
who converted the homes into low rent flats of minimal standards of
maintenance, and exploited those of limited means. Mostly a black
community. Until its rennaisance. Now, it's an integrated community of
significant wealth.

It wasn't as popular, then, as it is today to throw the word 'racist'
around at every opportunity and for every purpose, so though there was a
lot of focus on the racial component, racism itself wasn't a part of the
underpinnings of the area's history or culture.

And that's the point that gets lost by those who can only call names and
throw epithets....it's not a matter so much of race that brings
communities to rust, as it is economics. There will always be those who
have, and always be those who have not. Just as there will always be
someone in every group who will aspire to power and influence...someone
will always hunger to be king.

That's not racial. That's the ambition of the human species.

Glad you enjoyed the Chicago cuisine. But there's so much of it, how the
hell do you walk?

Peter, ya gotta watch out for us biker types. it was a little wet, but
in all a great ride. I always liked Chicago. it's come a long way from
the early 60's. lots of culture, great eateries, nice people. old family
friends, out side of Cicero, the Parkinsons. one of those giant tomato
farms out there. eleven hundred acres plus. got to visit from child
hood. they really turned me on to the city back then. as I said, great
place to spend some time.

back to the subject at hand. back during my youth, Pitt and Carnegie-
Tech, I worked summers at U.S.Steel and Westinghouse. this was before
i realy got out, into the world. and the war. I worked with all types
of people, which is a great way to start out in life. the one thing
I noticed, was who came last. each people will gang up on the new
guys. it could be Polish, German, English, whatever. whoever comes in
to the country last will suffer the most. different people will gang
up on the new guy. now, the black folk may not be new to the country,
but they were new to the North. and back then they were the last.
now it's Latino. and what do ya know, the blacks and the whites are
screaming about the brown people. now, i can get along with anyone,
even the devil himself; but I have trouble with the illegal's. I
hope that doesn't make me racist. I don't believe it does. if you
want to be here, do it right. get your visa, do the classes, become
a citizen. pay your taxes, and learn to get along with your fellow
Americans. I don't think that's too much to ask. but, please folks,
don't plaster an entire race, for the sins of a few.

Drifter...

Old July 27th 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/27/10 11:58 , Drifter wrote:
On 7/26/2010 5:05 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the Chicago cuisine. But there's so much of it, how the
hell do you walk?

Peter, ya gotta watch out for us biker types. it was a little wet, but
in all a great ride. I always liked Chicago. it's come a long way from
the early 60's. lots of culture, great eateries, nice people. old family
friends, out side of Cicero, the Parkinsons. one of those giant tomato
farms out there. eleven hundred acres plus. got to visit from child
hood. they really turned me on to the city back then. as I said, great
place to spend some time.

Cicero, huh? Then you were in a good place to pick up a little
bit of SW Radio history. At 5th and Kostner is a building...it's a
warehouse now...but the lazy H is still on the gable. It's the final
House of Halligan, where Hallicrafters radios were born.

[...]

No, it doesn't make you racist. But that arguement has long been
passed into irrelevance. If you oppose, that's the brand you will
carry.

You're right. Come here legally, and the welcome mat is out.

But come here illegally, and then have the bald faced audacity to
tie up traffic protesting the prosecution of these criminals, and
you're likely to find that you're not as welcome as you'd hope.

We're not in the minority in these beliefs. But that's not
politically correct thinking.

Well, tough ****.

Old July 28th 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Yesterday, I went to the Lowe's store, after first stopping off at the
Goodwill store, of course.I bought four steel wheels seven inches
diameter with ball bearing hubs and rubber tires on the wheels, $6.28
each wheel.The hubs on the new wheels are not as thick as the hubs on
those cheap no good plastic (those plastic wheels are no good even when
they are new) worn out plastic wheels.So, this morning I went back to
Lowe's (after first stopping off at the Goodwill store, of course) and I
bought some flat washers for spacers for my new wheels, five flat
washers for each wheel.Those shiny brand new ball bearings lawnmower
wheels make all the difference in the World.Life is a Joy again.
cuhulin

Old July 28th 10, 11:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On 7/26/10 14:32 , Drifter wrote:
[...]

They believe they have the right to be here
and 'no' visa is required.

- do the classes,

Classes for what . . . they already speak Spanish
and know about the Hispanic Culture
-maybe- it is you who should lean to speak Spanish
and become acculturated to them . . .

- become a citizen.

They are already citizens who have simply decided
to expand their borders.

- pay your taxes,

They send money home to support their families
and to them that is tax enough.

- and learn to get along with your fellow Americans.

They do not consider themselves Americans {Gringos}
and you are not their compadre {amigo}.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

They do not think that you have the right to ask.

- but, please folks, don't plaster an entire race,
- for the sins of a few.
-
- Drifter...

Are the Italians a Race ?
Does an American Hating the Mafia make them Racist ?
Did Americans Hating Italian Fascists make them Racist ?
* The Italians are now Italian-Americans.

Are the Russians a Race ?
Does Americans Hating the Russian Mob make them Racist ?
Did Americans Hating Russian Communism make them Racist ?
* The Russian are now Russian-Americans.

Are the Irish a Race ?
Does Americans Hating the IRA make them Racist ?
* The Irish are now Irish-Americans.

Are the Chinese a Race ?
Does Americans Hating the Chinese Triads make them Racist ?
Did Americans Hating Chinese Communism make them Racist ?
* The Chinese are now Chinese-Americans.

Are the Germans a Race ?
Does Americans Hating the NAZIs make them Racist ?
Did Americans Hating German Fascists make them Racist ?
* The Germans are now German-Americans.

Are the Vietnamese a Race ?
Does Americans Hating the Vietnam Communist make them Racist ?
Did Americans Hating Viet Cong make them Racist ?
* The Vietnamese now Vietnamese-Americans.

Are the Mexicans a Race ?
Does Americans Hating the Illegal Alien Invaders make them Racist ?
Does Americans Hating Narco-Terrorists make them Racist ?
* The Mexicans are now and always will be "La Raza"
{Everything is Defined by Race : Them Versus All Others}
and to La Raza : You are the 500 Year Old Invader.
"Por La Raza Todo -y- Fuera de La Raza Nada"
http://www.mayorno.com/WhoIsMecha.html
La Raza does not want to become Americanized and
so-called Mexican'-'Americans : La Raza simply wants
to be La Raza and reconquer the USA for 'The Race'.

Who is the Racist ? - Just Flip a Coin; and to some
the mere act of flipping a coin is . . . r a c i s t ~ RHF
-ps- unless it is a mexican peso coin ;-}
Old July 28th 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/26/10 14:32 , Drifter wrote:
[...]

Did I hear a voice in the wilderness saying, "Radio"?