Old July 31st 10, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default West Coast reception of East Coast BCB's

"dxAce" wrote in message

dave wrote:

RHF wrote:

Most Radio Advertising is Local; and your Local
Congressman has seen that the FCC understands
that Economic Reality of US Business.

- You should be able to get KOA 850, KSL 1150 and KOKC 1520.

None of which is on the "East Coast" and the Target
AM/MW Radio Stations that he listed.
.

Radio is about serving the public, and making a little money on the
side. You cannot do good radio if all you care about is maximizing
profits. Companies shouldn't be allowed to own more than 12 stations.

Rural Americans deserve choice too. George Noory every 10 KHz is not
choice.

Post the log of George Noory 'every 10 kHz'.

I've not heard that myself.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I thought the concentration of stations carrying C2C was a bit to high.
However, one night I tuned the entire AM BCB, 530 to 1710 and copied 9
stations carrying C2C. That works out to "every 131 kHz". I'm sure others
have different results to to location, antennas, etc.

VegasNightOwl

Old July 31st 10, 11:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

VegasNightOwl wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

dave wrote:

RHF wrote:

[...]

One must remember that Rickmers doesn't really listen, he just watches a screen
for his 'DX'.

Old July 31st 10, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

VegasNightOwl wrote:

RHF,

Thanks for the antenna tips. Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting. I
was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would be
rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
reception.

VegasNightOwl

I can get KXNT and KDWN every night.
Old July 31st 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
VegasNightOwl wrote:

RHF,

Thanks for the antenna tips. Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting.
was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would
be
rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
reception.

VegasNightOwl

I can get KXNT and KDWN every night.

I think both KDWN and KXNT are directional at night. Where are you located?

VegasNightOwl

Old July 31st 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 31, 6:48*am, "VegasNightOwl"
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the antenna tips. *Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting. *I
was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would be
rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
reception.

VegasNightOwl

A loop is probably the easiest way to hear more stations and it's not
limited to one fixed direction. Keep in mind that many stations use
directional antennas that, although you may think they're an easy
catch for the distance, may prevent you from hearing them.

Here in OH I still occasionally hear KFI-640, KOA-850, KNX-1070, and
some others. Cross-continent DX was definitely much easier years ago.

Old August 1st 10, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

VegasNightOwl wrote:
wrote in message
. ..
VegasNightOwl wrote:

RHF,

Thanks for the antenna tips. Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting.
was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would
be
rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
reception.

VegasNightOwl

I can get KXNT and KDWN every night.

I think both KDWN and KXNT are directional at night. Where are you located?

VegasNightOwl

Between L. A. and Palmdale.

Old August 1st 10, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
VegasNightOwl wrote:
wrote in message
. ..
VegasNightOwl wrote:

RHF,

Thanks for the antenna tips. Never tried the BOG, but seems
interesting.
was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which
would
be
rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
reception.

VegasNightOwl

I can get KXNT and KDWN every night.

I think both KDWN and KXNT are directional at night. Where are you
located?

VegasNightOwl

Between L. A. and Palmdale.

If I recall correctly, their night time pattern is to the west, to protect
the channel(s) shared by others to the east. So copying them at your
location shouldn't be much of a problem.

VegasNightOwl

Old August 1st 10, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default West Coast reception of 10 Watt Europeans

dave wrote:

Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 7/31/2010 6:57 AM, dxAce wrote:

One must remember that Rickmers doesn't really listen, he just watches
a screen
for his 'DX'.

So, if you hear it with your ears, it's DX. If you see it with your
eyes, it's not DX?

Maybe you'd better tell the ARRL that all those DXCC certificates they
issued for RTTY/PSK31 are meaningless.

Who'd a thunk it?

...but thanks for the heads-up. ;-)

It just shows how hopelessly old fashioned Ace is.

Old fashioned is good. I have some of the finest receivers ever built here.

Old August 1st 10, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 31, 6:25*am, dave wrote:
VegasNightOwl wrote:
RHF,

Thanks for the antenna tips. *Never tried the BOG, but seems interesting. *I
was thinking of keeping it simple with a tunable loop antenna which would be
rotatable so I could notch out any BCB's that could interfere with the
reception.

VegasNightOwl

- I can get KXNT and KDWN every night.

Dave both are in Las Vegas, NV and only
about 200 Air Miles away from you in SoCal

Here KXNT-AM on 840 kHz is blocked
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...7&y=2&sr=Y&s=C
by KMPH in Modesto, CA {Oakdale}
which is only about 30 Air Miles away.
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...l=KMPH&x=0&y=0

But KDWN-AM is strong here on 720 kHz
just about every night.
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...l=KDWN&x=0&y=0
as is KKOH-AM on 780 kHz from Reno, NV
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...l=KKOH&x=0&y=0
Old August 1st 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DX by waterfall: you'll hear more

dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:

You're certainly on the cutting edge of being a real 'Tard Boy.

One thing is certain Dave, you'd not know real radio, even if a Collins KW-1
made its way up your ass and spent the winter.

The first job I had in radio was running an all Collins 5 KW station in
my hometown. Collins transmitter, Collins board, Collins limiter,
Collins turntables, etc. That would be 1964.

Again, AM radio. You can receive it on dental work.

Get with it Dave, that's the miracle of AM radio.