Old November 24th 05, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rob P

Default KVOH East Coast USA Reception? When is best?

I am on the East Coast of the USA (Boston), and have been trying to catch
KVOH.

From what I understand, KVOH is in California(?), and operates on 17.775(?)
all day long....and 9.975 in the evening(?)

It appears that I am probably in their antenna 'null' being in
Massachusetts.

IS there an hour of the day that would be best? (I understand that nights
might not be best...and maybe a quiet daytime hour might be best to pick
them up....)

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Rob

Old November 24th 05, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve St. Denis

Hi Rob, I just tried to pick up 17.775, I have about S4 noise level on this
frequency right now but when the noise level drops I can hear the station
not to bad, 9.975 I hear nothing, I live in Fort Erie Ontario Canada on the
Niagara River across from Buffalo NY, it's 12:55 PM right now, I would think
if conditions get better I would have no problem receiving this station. I'm
using the 150' Foot Longwire Antenna inside my apartment
Steve

--
Shortwave Listening:
Icom IC-R75 Receiver

Shortwave Receiver Softwa
Digipan Software For Psk31 Decoding
MMTTY Software For RTTY Decoding
Navtex Decoder For Navtex Decoding
CW Morse Software For Morse Code Decoding

I am on the East Coast of the USA (Boston), and have been trying to catch
KVOH.

From what I understand, KVOH is in California(?), and operates on
17.775(?)

Old November 24th 05, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:57:49 -0500, "Rob P"
wrote:

I am on the East Coast of the USA (Boston), and have been trying to catch
KVOH.

From what I understand, KVOH is in California(?), and operates on 17.775(?)
all day long....and 9.975 in the evening(?)

It appears that I am probably in their antenna 'null' being in
Massachusetts.

IS there an hour of the day that would be best? (I understand that nights
might not be best...and maybe a quiet daytime hour might be best to pick
them up....)

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Rob

I'm 10 miles away and can barely get them.

Old November 24th 05, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Greg

From: "Rob P"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:57:49 -0500
Subject: KVOH East Coast USA Reception? When is best?

I am on the East Coast of the USA (Boston), and have been trying to catch
KVOH.

From what I understand, KVOH is in California(?), and operates on 17.775(?)
all day long....and 9.975 in the evening(?)

It appears that I am probably in their antenna 'null' being in
Massachusetts.

IS there an hour of the day that would be best? (I understand that nights
might not be best...and maybe a quiet daytime hour might be best to pick
them up....)

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Rob

I'm copying a broadcast in Spanish on 17.775, decent signal at 1815Z in W.
Central Fla.

Greg

Old November 26th 05, 11:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Rob P wrote:

In Mass, I can barely hear them at all.

Whicvh way do they beam their signal?