Old August 8th 10, 03:15 PM posted to alt.politics.liberalism,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.economics

Default Obama of Sunnybrook Farm

Subtitle to this post: "The Pollyannites."

We're used to spin from all White Houses so it is not surprising that
Obama would try to put lipstick on a pig and gussy up the
spectacularly bad jobs numbers from yesterday.

But the way they've gone about doing it insults the intelligence of
the American people, as this IDB editorial points out:

***

"Two years into the Obama era, when the U.S. should be enjoying a
booming recovery from the 2007-08 meltdown, with millions of new jobs
and higher incomes for all, all we see is economic wreckage from the
unbelievably foolish policies pursued by the White House and the
Democrat-controlled Congress.
Whether it's the $862 billion "stimulus" that turned into a welfare
program for bankrupt states and public unions, or the $700 billion
TARP program that became a giant dish of pork for Democrats and their
supporters, or the job-killing duo of health care and financial
reform, Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al. seem oblivious to the deep and
lasting damage they're doing to America's economy.

[...]

"Solis also repeated - with the stock market selling off 100 points as
she spoke - the bogus claim made by the White House and uncritically
parroted by its media pals that timely action "saved or created more
than 2.5 million American jobs."

"As we've said, this is utter nonsense. Completely made up. And, by
the way, the official who made it up - Council of Economic Advisers
chairwoman Christina Romer - quit on Friday to return to academia, her
reputation for accuracy in tatters.

[She is married to David Romer, her colleague in the Economics
Department at University of California, Berkeley. They have adjoining
offices in the department. How sweet "progressive" Berkeley academic
life at the expense of your tax dollars.]

"Here's the real record: America has lost 4.1 million jobs since Obama
took office and 7.7 million since the recession began in December
2007. So most of the jobs lost have been under this administration.
Whatever else you might call Obamanomics, "successful" isn't it.

***

The economy is not even creating jobs at a rate that would soak up
those who are entering the job market for the first time every month.
Economists believe we need to create between 120,000 and 150,000 jobs
for that to happen. Coupled with the loss of 8 million jobs since 2007
and you can see why liberal economists are throwing up their hands and
admitting defeat, telling us it will be a decade before we see that
number of jobs restored to the economy.

Surely, many of those 8 million jobs lost are gone for good. But
government stimulus isn't going to create the new businesses and
perhaps even new industries that will presage the next great economic
revolution. At this point, we can either play catch up or lead that
revolution.

Obama and his advisors, despite their rosy scenarios, haven't a clue
how to do that.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...rook_farm.html

They have an Agenda http://agendadocumentary.com
Old August 8th 10, 11:40 PM posted to alt.politics.liberalism,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.economics

On 08/08/2010 03:36 PM, (¯`·.¸Craig Chilton¸.·´¯) www.LayoffRemedy.com
wrote:
He was elected to be a PROGRESSIVE. = Marxist.

Wrong, turd.