Old September 11th 10, 11:05 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave,aus.radio.broadcast,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default I Miss The Old Days of Radio . . . When Radio Was Radio !

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Kickin' Ass and Takin' wrote in message

How right you are.

Back when AM was king and AM stations had REAL PROGRAMS,
locally-produced, not sent down the line from a studio in
god-only-knows where with canned music. And back before the days of
"talk radio." I don't know when was the last time I even tuned to the
AM band.

And now, the FM bands are being invaded by wackjobs -- half the FM
stations in my area are "christian" radio and the rightwing hate jocks
are invading FM territory.

There has been "talk radio" all my life, but it was much more limited and
had a better, more balanced sort of talk. My personal favorite was Ira Blue
on KGO, second I guess was Herb Jepko on KSL. KSL only had talk at night, I
think KGO had it 24/7, or close to it, they used to bill themselves as
"People to People Radio 81."

I listen to KGO because it's live and local and if something happens the
on-duty news person will interrupt the regularly scheduled programming.