Old October 18th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Idiot's-R-Us -proclaims- "StephenYoung" Wins the *I Am A Big "...

I have been to the Anchorage Airport before, in January 1964.I didn't
see Russia though.It was too cold and I was hurry upping from the Blue
Ball Airplane to the lunch room in the Anchorage Airport.
cuhulin

Old October 18th 10, 11:32 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.rush-limbaugh

Default True Then and True Now Even 1950's teabaggers too!

The actual 'I can see it from my house' line came in an exchange
about an island within Alaskan territorial waters.

Yes, that is correct. However, let the record show that Palin has NEVER
been to that part of Alaska (Little Diomede Island).

- although I disagree that proximity of a
single state to another nation necessarily gives anybody in that state
a leg-up on international issues.

On this we agree; however, Palin doesn't think so (see below)

On 10/18/2010 4:15 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

I didn't say it was, or wasn't. I was merely underscoring the point that
she didn't say what's been attributed to her.

Yes she did say it. Not from Saturday Night Live, not from her living
room, but she [Palin] clearly stated on an ABC interview with Charlie
Gibson and a CBS interview with Katie Couric that Alaska's proximity to
Russia enhances her foreign-policy credentials.

This is a DIRECT QUOTE from Palin's interview with Couric on CBS News:

Couric: Well, explain to me why that [nearness to Russia] enhances your
foreign-policy credentials.

Palin: Well, it certainly does, because our, our next-door neighbors are
foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of.

What part of "Palin: Well, it certainly does...[enhance her
foreign-policy credentials]" didn't you understand?

Old October 19th 10, 04:20 AM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.rush-limbaugh

On Oct 18, 11:11*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
* On Oct 18, 7:27 am, *wrote:

Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 10/18/2010 2:00 AM, Stephen Young wrote:

almost comical! Even examples of teabaggers...

Teabaggers comical?

To which teabagger might you be referring?

- the expert in International relations because she can see Russia?

You must be one of those left wing wackos that think Sarah Palin said
she could see Russia from her house. Sarah Palin did not say that.

* * Charles Gibson: *What insight into Russian actions, particularly
in the last couple of weeks does the proximity of this state give you?

* * Sarah Palin: They're our next door neighbors, and you can
actually see Russia from land, here in Alaska.

* * Not exactly Kissinger. But hardly the stuff of which such
derision is made.

* * The actual 'I can see it from my house' line came in an exchange
about an island within Alaskan territorial waters.

Little Diomede (US) and Big Diomede (Ru) are slightly over 2 miles
apart from each other. The Big Diomede does not have any permanent
civilian population (they all were shipped back to Chukotka,Siberia)
years ago. Sara Palin lived in Wasilla which is several hundred miles
away.BTW, even the actressTina Fey would be a real problem for S.
Palin if she decided to run for a political position ! A lot more
intellegence...
Old October 19th 10, 07:05 AM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.rush-limbaugh
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 18, 11:52*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Oct 18, 8:11*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:

* On Oct 18, 7:27 am, *wrote:

Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 10/18/2010 2:00 AM, Stephen Young wrote:

almost comical! Even examples of teabaggers...

Teabaggers comical?

To which teabagger might you be referring?

- the expert in International relations because she can see Russia?

You must be one of those left wing wackos that think Sarah Palin said
she could see Russia from her house. Sarah Palin did not say that.

* * Charles Gibson: *What insight into Russian actions, particularly
in the last couple of weeks does the proximity of this state give you?

* * Sarah Palin: They're our next door neighbors, and you can
actually see Russia from land, here in Alaska.

* * Not exactly Kissinger. But hardly the stuff of which such
derision is made.

* * The actual 'I can see it from my house' line came in an exchange
about an island within Alaskan territorial waters.

- Yes - Most of the derision made about this exchange comes from the
- Saturday Night Live sketch - although I disagree that proximity of a
- single state to another nation necessarily gives anybody in that
state
- a leg-up on international issues.

Si Senior Bruce . . . Si Si
Old October 19th 10, 07:16 AM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.rush-limbaugh

On 10/18/2010 10:27 AM, nobammer* wrote:

You must be one of those left wing wackos that think Sarah Palin said
she could see Russia from her house. Sarah Palin did not say that.

First, I never said Palin could see Russia from her living room.

Please refer to numerous search engine hits and specifically the video
recordings of (the real) Sarah Palin doing interviews with (the real)
Katie Couric and (the real) Charlie Gibson. Without posting the entire
text of each interview, one snippet will point you in the right
direction:

Palin said that "it [her nearness to Russia] enhances my [Palin's]
foreign policy experience". Maybe a comprehension issue on your part,
but that clearly illustrates my point.

Also what teabaggers are you talking about...

What teabaggers am I talking about? What planet have you been
visiting????

1) You guessed the first one as Palin. Congratulations!

2) The second teabagger is the 5 o'clock shadow guy in Alaska...you
know, the one who hired his wife, then laid her off and then had her
apply for unemployment -- and now wants to make unemployment payments
illegal.

3) The gay basher whose son is involved with a gay bar is Palladino, New
York gubernatorial candidate.

4) The witch is the congressional candidate Dingbat in Delaware.

5) The nazi is the guy running for the 5th Congressional District in
Ohio.

You forgot AquaBudda and how he ties up his women like a muslim

Old October 19th 10, 07:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics
RHF RHF is offline

Default Idiot's-R-Us : Barack Obama -proclaims- "57 US States" - Except SarahPalin Can Keep Alaska

On Oct 18, 3:32*pm, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
[...]

Actually Alaska does share a common Border with
a Foreign Country; and Sarah Palin often sounds
like she is from there . . .

Sarah Palin = Box-of-Rocks = Barack Obama

D'Oh ! What Foreign Policy Experience did/does
Barack Obama have other than he grew-up and
live in : Hawaii -oops- that's a US State; and as
a young child when to Muslim School for a few
years in Indonesia; and all his International Work
experience in the 'inner city' of Chicago, IL -oops-
that's a US City and State too . . .

Plus Barack Obama is ever so smart as to claim
57 United States . . . Plus One To Go . . .*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...triotic-o.html
* Note - Not made-up but from BHO's Own Mouth
in his own words; live on video; and recorded for
history . . .
Old October 19th 10, 01:58 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.rush-limbaugh

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/18/10 13:42 , nobammer* wrote:

And for your
information, Russia CAN be seen from part of Alaska.

You may wish to re-read what I wrote.

For your information.

You can see Indiana from the Hancock Tower; don't make you a good
basketball player.
Old October 19th 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Damn nice little Commie ass, aren't you?
cuhulin

Compared to what we have now, old school Communis would be an
improvement. At least the Russians knew they were being ****ed with.
Here we just take it.
Old October 20th 10, 01:15 AM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.rush-limbaugh

SaPeIsMa wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
. ..
SaPeIsMa wrote:

Yet Tina Fey chose to be an actress instead of doing something more
intelligent with her life
Can you see the disconnect ?

She got people to see the real Sara Palin.

Really ?
How did she do that ?

Mockery and satire are as old as politics. Can't have one without the
other in a free society. Palin reacted like her First Amendment rights
were being violated.
Old October 20th 10, 05:52 AM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.rush-limbaugh

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
SaPeIsMa wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
. ..
SaPeIsMa wrote:

Yet Tina Fey chose to be an actress instead of doing something more
intelligent with her life
Can you see the disconnect ?

She got people to see the real Sara Palin.

Really ?
How did she do that ?

Mockery and satire are as old as politics. Can't have one without the
other in a free society. Palin reacted like her First Amendment rights
were being violated.

Suuuure, she did.
Too bad you confuse your fantasies with reality

Could it be true? Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê General 17 April 10th 05 08:30 PM
Could this be true? Mo Fo? General 0 November 28th 04 12:33 AM
True JunkMan Scanner 0 October 28th 04 05:46 PM