Old November 9th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Famous Shortwave Dealer discriminates!

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
Brenda Ann wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
RCA, his Master's Voice.

My doggy doesn't care anything about tv.She is smart.
cuhulin

That was actually "Victrola, his master's voice". GE subsidiary RCA
glommed onto it when they bought the Victor Talking Book Company. The
dog's name is Nipper. He is now owned by the English Marconi Company
or Thales or Thomson or someone like that.

I remember when Sony bought the RCA record label, and the foofaw that
erupted over whether Nipper would be renamed or dropped completely.

Sony bought Columbia. RCA has been owned by Bertelsman since the '70s. I
have a Comark lapel pin with Nipper on it. They made klystrode
transmitters. They are now owned by Thales, which I believe is a joint
venture of Marconi and Thomson (original partners in GE/RCA). Little dog
gets around.

From Wikipedia:

"In 2004, BMG and Sony merged their music holdings into a joint venture
called Sony BMG. Because Sony Music was the successor to the old CBS record
division, this merger meant that RCA Records, once owned by parent RCA, was
now under the same umbrella as the label once owned by RCA's rival, the
Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS), Columbia Records.

In 2006, Sony BMG merged its Broadway music labels, including RCA Victor to
the new Masterworks Broadway Records.

In 2008, Sony acquired Bertelsmann's interest in the record company which
was officially renamed Sony Music Entertainment at the start of 2009. RCA
became part of the newly formed RCA/Jive Label Group (also known as RCA
Records Group) as a result."

Old November 9th 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There might be a place/company which reproduces some record labels.LQQK
for them.

I Never click on any wiki wiki woo woo sites.I Always scroll down below
that wiki wiki woo woo Nonsense.
cuhulin

Old November 9th 10, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
Brenda Ann wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
RCA, his Master's Voice.

My doggy doesn't care anything about tv.She is smart.
cuhulin

That was actually "Victrola, his master's voice". GE subsidiary RCA
glommed onto it when they bought the Victor Talking Book Company. The
dog's name is Nipper. He is now owned by the English Marconi Company
or Thales or Thomson or someone like that.

I remember when Sony bought the RCA record label, and the foofaw that
erupted over whether Nipper would be renamed or dropped completely.

Sony bought Columbia. RCA has been owned by Bertelsman since the '70s.
I have a Comark lapel pin with Nipper on it. They made klystrode
transmitters. They are now owned by Thales, which I believe is a joint
venture of Marconi and Thomson (original partners in GE/RCA). Little
dog gets around.

From Wikipedia:

"In 2004, BMG and Sony merged their music holdings into a joint venture
called Sony BMG. Because Sony Music was the successor to the old CBS
record division, this merger meant that RCA Records, once owned by
parent RCA, was now under the same umbrella as the label once owned by
RCA's rival, the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS), Columbia Records.

In 2006, Sony BMG merged its Broadway music labels, including RCA Victor
to the new Masterworks Broadway Records.

In 2008, Sony acquired Bertelsmann's interest in the record company
which was officially renamed Sony Music Entertainment at the start of
2009. RCA became part of the newly formed RCA/Jive Label Group (also
known as RCA Records Group) as a result."

Nipper the Sony dog. Too bad record labels are obsolete.

CRACK DEALER lance adair Antenna 0 October 16th 08 05:53 PM
Magnum 257 dealer? [email protected] CB 0 February 15th 07 11:11 PM
Shortwave Dealer In Dallas, TX Jim Douglas Shortwave 5 November 21st 03 10:34 PM
Shortwave Dealer In Dallas, TX Jim Douglas Scanner 3 November 8th 03 07:33 PM