Old November 16th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A Shopping Adventure

Picked up a Bendix Navigator 555 direction finding radio at a local outlet in
very nice condition.

$5.30 out the door.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/bendix_navigator_direction_find.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 16th 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That is a Good find, dxAce.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com
cuhulin

Old November 17th 10, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.devilfinder.com
Bendix Navigator 555 Direction Finder Radio
cuhulin

Old November 17th 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/16/2010 2:36 PM, dxAce wrote:
Picked up a Bendix Navigator 555 direction finding radio at a local outlet in
very nice condition.

$5.30 out the door.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/bendix_navigator_direction_find.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I can actually remember when those were state-of-the-art ... now
consigned to museums ... GPS is wonderful, but those darn things were
just plain FUN!

Had a tiny 32 ft. boat I lived on and worked construction, back in the
1970's. I can remember toying with it one exactly like it!

Regards,
JS

Old November 17th 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/16/2010 5:36 PM, dxAce wrote:
Picked up a Bendix Navigator 555 direction finding radio at a local outlet in
very nice condition.

$5.30 out the door.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/bendix_navigator_direction_find.html

Excellent find!

Had a chance to play with it yet?

Silicon or Germanium transistors?

Any way to hook up an external antenna, or just the loop? (I suspect the
latter).

How is the sensitivity and selectivity on MW?

Old November 17th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Nov 16, 4:20*pm, wrote:
http://www.devilfinder.com
Bendix Navigator 555 Direction Finder Radio
cuhulin

Benmar Navigator 555A Radio
Direction Finder (1979)
http://www.noobowsystems.org/restora...nav555a-e.html
Old November 17th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
Picked up a Bendix Navigator 555 direction finding radio at a local outlet in
very nice condition.

$5.30 out the door.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/bendix_navigator_direction_find.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I learned about friction causing static on one of those at Apache Lake
in 1962. We were cooking bacon, listening to KRUX Glendale, and the
crackling on the radio was in perfect sync with the stainless steel
spatula on an iron skillet. Luckily the guy frying the bacon was a
scientist who pointed out the phenomenon.

Great radio. LW and MW and 3 MHz Marine?
Old November 17th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

When I type on my battery (two AA batteries) powered WebTV keyboard, if
I have my keyboard real close to my radio, I can hear my keys clicking
through the radio speaker.
click, click, click, click, click,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old November 17th 10, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default It's An 'RF' Charged World Out-There and Inside You Home Too

On Nov 17, 7:54*am, dave wrote:
- - wrote:
- - When I type on my battery (two AA batteries)
- - powered WebTV keyboard,
- - if I have my keyboard real close to my radio,
- - I can hear my keys clicking
- - through the radio speaker.
- - click, click, click, click, click,,,,,,
- - cuhulin

It's a Wireless Keboard [Anything] it is usually
"RF" or sometimes 'IR' Infrared
http://www.electronics-manufacturers...-keyboard.html

TV Remote Controls "IR" & "RF"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_control

Car Key Fob Remote Controls with the little
LED Light are "IR"
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...6104258AApWU7d
The ones with no visible LED are usually "RF".
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/remote-entry2.htm

- Try putting a typical remote control near an AM radio.

Yeah that is true too.

Put a Cellphone next to an AM/FM Radio for an Hour
and you will hear it being 'Pinged' periodically too.

it's an 'rf' charged world out-there and
inside your house/home too ~ RHF

A Shopping Adventure dxAce Shortwave 13 November 6th 10 05:51 PM
CAMPING AROUND ORANGUTANS VIA LOMBOK ISLAND ADVENTURE [email protected] Shortwave 0 October 16th 07 12:54 AM
( ot ) A Grand Adventure - Except That It Isn't [email protected] Shortwave 3 November 3rd 05 06:29 PM
( ot ) A Grand Adventure - Except That It Isn't N7ZZT - Eric Oyen Shortwave 0 November 3rd 05 05:21 PM
Mopey is making a new adventure movie!!! Psychiatrist to keyclowns CB 0 January 12th 05 01:07 AM