Old November 19th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Need replacement part for Sony SW-7600G

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement power jack for the
Sony 7600? The power jack has gone intermittent when using the wall
wart and I need to install a new one.

Any idea what something like that should cost?

Jim

Old November 19th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 19, 4:09*pm, Jim wrote:
Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement power jack for the
Sony 7600? *The power jack has gone intermittent when using the wall
wart and I need to install a new one.

Any idea what something like that should cost?

Jim

Most of the time it may have just a small crack in the solder,on the
PCB. Right under the jack.
Old January 9th 11, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:08:08 -0800 (PST), "Chas. Chan"
wrote:

On Nov 19, 3:09*pm, Jim wrote:
Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement power jack for the
Sony 7600? *The power jack has gone intermittent when using the wall
wart and I need to install a new one.

Any idea what something like that should cost?

Jim

www.PartStore.com

No, don't list that model\

Old January 9th 11, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jim wrote:

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement power jack for the
Sony 7600? The power jack has gone intermittent when using the wall
wart and I need to install a new one.

Any idea what something like that should cost?

Have you tried contacting Universal Radio? Maybe they can point you in the
right direction.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 13th 11, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 13:38:35 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

Jim wrote:

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement power jack for the
Sony 7600? The power jack has gone intermittent when using the wall
wart and I need to install a new one.

Any idea what something like that should cost?

Have you tried contacting Universal Radio? Maybe they can point you in the
right direction.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks DX Ace, your suggestion worked. I called Universal, they gave
me a number, but they said they don' buy products directly from Sony
so had no way of ordering parts. I called this number:

800-222-7669 Which is answered in Manilla Phillipines (they didn't
want to share that information, but I persisted and finally she
admitted it).

I had located the service manual online at a European site, and got
the correct part number from the manual:

J203 - Part No: 1-580-681-21 - Jack, DC (Polarity unified type),
(DC in 6V)

Part is on back order, maybe 6 weeks or more, would not accept order
at this time. Parts wharehouse is in Texas. Cost $4.11 + State Sales
Tax + $2.50 shipping.

73,

de Jim, WA5DXP

Old January 13th 11, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Jim wrote:

[...]

Not a bad price. Good luck, and I hope you get your radio working properly
again.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Sony ICF-7600G Joe Esposito Shortwave 0 March 26th 04 06:54 PM
Sony ICF-7600G Joe Esposito Swap 0 March 26th 04 06:54 PM
FS: Sony ICF-7600G Joe Esposito Shortwave 0 January 16th 04 02:33 PM
FS: Sony ICF-7600G Joe Esposito Swap 0 January 16th 04 02:31 PM
How to Set Clock, Sony 7600G?????? Tom M Shortwave 3 July 10th 03 10:20 AM