Old December 28th 10, 08:57 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Check out Struble's archived lies - LOL!

The old saying "Live and Learn" comes to mind, doesn't it?

For anyone who cares to research this subject, you'll find much
"corporate soothsaying" on web.archive.org by browsing the iBiquity
web site as it appeared 7 or 8 years ago. For example, see this
transcript of the official launch of IBOC at NAB in 2002:

http://web.archive.org/web/200304051.../pr/040802.htm

Notable 2002 quotes from Mr. Struble:

"... in terms of robustness, what we define as performance against
interference, the IBOC is much more durable than existing analog."

"In terms of coverage, the answer is it replicates the existing analog
coverage, and that is all it can do. Not technically, but because of a
regulatory reason. We could easily boost the IBOC power, but guess
what, then that steps on the station next door."

the NRSC did say though, and we think this was a great vote of
confidence, is, rather than bog down the process and wait for those
nighttime results, we know we love it in the daytime, we know it
represents, I think their words, a revitalization of the AM band....
We believe we will have a nighttime system; we just need to do a
little bit more testing. I would like to add though, even as we speak,
this is the most thoroughly tested system in US broadcasting history."

On the broadcaster licensee fee: "Yes, there is a software license,
which is paid to us for the use of the system. It's a small number,
based essentially on the station's FCC fee, so the stations which will
benefit more and which are most able to pay, will pay a little bit
more. The stations which are non-commercial, or smaller stations will
pay a little bit less."

Finally, Bob Stuble's 2002 prediction for near-total conversion of
stations to IBOC: "You know, you've got 13,000 stations out there if
my numbers are correct, I think we sell, guys in the industry, about
1,000 transmitters a year, 800 to 1,000, something like that. So, we
have always assumed something like an eight to ten year transition
period. If that were to get done in four to five years, instead of
eight to ten, I would hazard a guess that these guys would be able to
meet that need. Anything else?"

You can find more at: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ibiquity.com

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/ind...662#msg1592662

I'm sending this to Keefe Bartels and Galx Wolf right now - LMFAO!!!
Stupid ****s at iBiquity didn't disable caching and archiving on their
website - LMFAO!!!
Old December 28th 10, 09:06 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave

http://web.archive.org/web/200304051...press/pr/04080...

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/ind....msg1592662#ms....

I'm sending this to Keefe Bartels and Galx Wolf right now - LMFAO!!!
Stupid ****s at iBiquity didn't disable caching and archiving on their
website - LMFAO!!!

Messages just sent to Keefe Bartels and Galax Wolf!