Old January 1st 11, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Re The New Sangean ATS 909X

On 01/02/2011 09:52 PM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Re the Sangean ATS-909X, that I guess will be available in a month or so:

Can't find anything on their site regarding if it is at all possible to
update the internal memory, with, eibi e.g., twice a year when the
schedules change.

Would one have to do it manually for each frequency, or is their,
possibly, a way to download the new seasonal frequencies ?

Any general thoughts or opinions on the radio specs, even though not
avail. yet ?

Thanks,
B.

It's called ATS because it has an Automatic Tuning System. It'll hunt
for stations and remember them (I think). Then you delete the ones you
don't want and add alpha tags. No USB that I can see.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2909.html

Old January 2nd 11, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob wrote:

Hello,

Re the Sangean ATS-909X, that I guess will be available in a month or so:

Can't find anything on their site regarding if it is at all possible to
update the internal memory, with, eibi e.g., twice a year when the
schedules change.

Would one have to do it manually for each frequency, or is their,
possibly, a way to download the new seasonal frequencies ?

Any general thoughts or opinions on the radio specs, even though not
avail. yet ?

Looks to be manual entry.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2909.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 5th 11, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 3, 10:00*pm, dave wrote:
On 01/04/2011 09:23 PM, DanNospamSay wrote:

It's called ATS because it has an Automatic Tuning System. It'll hunt
for stations and remember them (I think). Then you delete the ones you
don't want and add alpha tags. No USB that I can see.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2909.html

* * * * * * * Most ATS (automatic tuning system) is limited to
* * * * * * * the FM bands.

* * * * * * * You can do such uploads with other radios and their
* * * * * * * computer controllers such as ERGO software and
* * * * * * * such.

The only radios I've ever used this feature on were VHF/UHF scanners.
There are so few HFBC stations nowadays I wouldn't even worry about it.

The various spec lists say"

....*ATS (Car Tuning System) auto scan and preset in priority of signal
strength in FM / MW / LW bands
*FM RDS / RBDS function with PS, PTY, RT and CT
*DSP IF decoder
*Automatically searches for strongest signal station within SW
station pages....

Urh that's it for scanning frequencies.
No upload. A reference to an EEPROM is for saving
memories when
unplugged, changing batteries etc.

Interesting is the Radio Shack price of USD$449 and others around USD
$225, 250

Old January 5th 11, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

How long before the panel display goes pemermanetly Blind? Sangeans are
Known for doing that.
cuhulin

Old January 5th 11, 06:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 5, 12:21*am, wrote:
How long before the panel display goes pemermanetly Blind? Sangeans are
Known for doing that.
cuhulin

91 days. Guarateed. That's part of the 'conspicuous consumption'
theory. Or something close to it.
Old January 6th 11, 11:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

for other problems, (and solutions) and manual of the present 909,
see:
http://www.ab9il.net/ats-909/
Old January 6th 11, 11:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 4, 9:21*pm, wrote:

- How long before the panel display goes
- pemermanetly Blind?
- Sangeans are Known for doing that.
- cuhulin

Had an older CC Radio {Sangean} that has a
faded 'blank' LCD. Gave it to and legally Blind
Women who love the Sound and had no-problem
with the blank-look. All she had to do was
Tune-by-Ear and set the Pre-Sets. Other than
the 'blank' LCD the Radio still works as a Radio
Sound-Machine and has been doing so for at
least 6~7 years for her. ~ RHF
Old January 8th 11, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That reminds me of a story I once read in a book, All Things (I don't
remember the rest, I have several of those books here) A dog that was
constantly breaking wind all the time and his wind was very pungent.That
dog wound up being adopted by a woman who had lost her sense of smelling
anything.I think it was a Boxer dog.
cuhulin

Old January 8th 11, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.devilfinder.com
All Things Wise And Wonderful The Farting Dog
cuhulin