Old August 28th 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Starting a new Yahoo group in anticipation of the future Sangean ATS-909X

Old August 28th 10, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Why bother?
Without synchronous detection
it's in the same league of inadequate crap as the Grundig 750.

Radios are so stable these days that a real SSB receiver will do fine
for eliminating selective fade.

[...]

That's true.

But a synchronous detector will give you a 6 dB advantage over
receiving an AM signal as SSB with a product detector.

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old August 28th 10, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 10-08-27 09:21 PM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Radios are so stable these days that a real SSB receiver will do fine
for eliminating selective fade.

[...]

That's true.

But a synchronous detector will give you a 6 dB advantage over receiving
an AM signal as SSB with a product detector.

I tried a Sony 7600 with the Sync function and was greatly underwhelmed.
Perhaps my sample was faulty. I wound up buying the Sangean 909 instead.
Wonderful set.

mike
Old August 28th 10, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Dobbs wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Why bother?
Without synchronous detection
it's in the same league of inadequate crap as the Grundig 750.

Radios are so stable these days that a real SSB receiver will do fine
for eliminating selective fade. I do my entertainment listening on the
web radio.
Old August 28th 10, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sync vs product detectors for AM

dave wrote:
Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
dave wrote:

A 6 dB advantage compared to what?

Over using a product detector, when used to receive the same AM signal.

Are you saying it's louder?

It has a 6 dB better signal to noise ratio.

With every good wish,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Old August 28th 10, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
dave wrote:

A 6 dB advantage compared to what?

Over using a product detector, when used to receive the same AM signal.

Are you saying it's louder?

Starting a new Yahoo group in anticipation of the future Sangean ATS-909X Merlin Equipment 0 August 28th 10 02:48 AM
Yes, another new yahoo group wy0ohg143 General 4 March 16th 06 07:49 PM
Yahoo group to flame... keep the group clean please Legal Radio CB 4 April 7th 04 02:31 AM
new rf amp yahoo group I found it Swap 0 January 13th 04 08:10 PM
Sangean 803 / DX 440 Group on Yahoo - 1 year old! Matt Shortwave 0 November 1st 03 03:36 PM