Old January 8th 11, 10:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default I replaced a bunch of Class 2 wall warts with cheap switchers andsaved $

I got a 9 Vdc 1 Spot for all my stomp boxes, and a few X1 PST1200UF ,
(also sold under Hosa brand on Amazon)for computer speakers and Yaesu HT
charger that I leave on all the time. My electric usage is down 80 kWh
for the month. I have computers and radios on 24/7. I also got a few $5
LED nightlights at Lowe's. They're helping too. And I did my usual pagan
tribute to the sun lighting for the Solstice. Had about 1,000 lamps (all
LED).

All my computers use "80 plus" power supplies. My radios are on an
Astron switcher. Color me efficient.
Old January 9th 11, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 8, 2:29*am, dave wrote:
- I got a 9 Vdc 1 Spot for all my stomp boxes,
- and a few X1 PST1200UF ,

PST-1200UF : Universal AC/DC Adaptor with USB Output
http://www.x1up.com/.sc/ms/dd/Power%...USB%20 Output

- (also sold under Hosa brand on Amazon)
- for computer speakers and Yaesu HT charger
- that I leave on all the time.

- My electric usage is down 80 kWh for the month.

Glad to hear it.
and... Since You Are Using Less
The Fixed Cost of Delivery Is More Per Unit
So We Can Raise Your Rates An Charge You More
= Less Product = More Profit =

- I have computers and radios on 24/7.

? W H Y ? : Less-is-Better ! : "OFF"-Is-Good Too !

- I also got a few $5 LED nightlights at Lowe's.

LEDs are good
-but- imho not ready for prime-time in the home

- They're helping too.

- And I did my usual pagan tribute to the sun
- lighting for the Solstice.

The Goddess {Solar Sister} Loves You 'Special-Dave' )
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...2/pod_1222.jpg
-aka- Sister Solstice
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3355/...24894d26b5.jpg

- Had about 1,000 lamps (all LED).

Many Strings of LED X-Mass Lights = nice :-}

Proving a thousand times over . . .
It Is Better To Light A Candle :
then to curse the darkness.

- All my computers use "80 plus" power supplies.

Computer PSU's & "80 Plus"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS

My radios are on an Astron switcher.

Astron 'Switching' Power Supplies
http://www.astroncorp.com/sps.shtml

Color me efficient.

Looks like you have already "Colored" Your-Self
'Special-Dave' - be ye energy efficient ~ RHF