Old January 18th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default RHF Memorial Quartzfest (sorry Ace, no booze)

On Jan 17, 7:29*pm, dave wrote:
QRZ Forums * * * * * * *QRZ Ad 2239

* Forum Home * QRZ Home

QRZ Ad 2437
QRZ Ad 2492

QRZ Ad 2454

QRZ Ad 1992

QRZ Ad 2162

QRZ Ad 2354
QRZ Ad 55

Google Search

QRZ * * Web

Donate to QRZ
Contributions Accepted

Reload this Page Join us next week at Quartzfest* & "QRZ.com Users Fest"

Welcome, KD6IL.
You last visited: Yesterday at 03:22 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
User CP * * * * FAQ * * Members List * *Calendar * * * *New Posts * * * Search *Quick Links
Log Out

Search Forums
Show Threads * Show Posts
Quick Links
Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read
User Control Panel
Edit Signature
Edit Options
Miscellaneous
Private Messages
Subscribed Threads
Who's Online
Go to Page...
View Poll Results: Will you be joining us at Quartzfest next week?
This poll will close on 01-23-2011 at 09:32 AM
Yes * * * * * * 1 * * * 6.67%
No * * * * * * *13 * * *86.67%
Maybe * * * * * 1 * * * 6.67%
As long as I don't break down on the way * * * * * * * *0 * * * 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You have already voted on this poll

Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM
KO4QT KO4QT is online now
Ham Member

Location: Santee CA
Send a message via Yahoo to KO4QT
Default Join us next week at Quartzfest* & "QRZ.com Users Fest"
For those of you who don't know what Quartzfest* is, it's a week long RV
"Boondocking" (dry) campout combined with all the fixin's of a High
Quality HamFest or Convention..but it's FREE!..and again, it's a full
WEEK LONG! We get together every year during the last full week in
January (which coincides with the Annual Quartzsite RV Show) in the
desert just 8 miles south of Quartzsite Arizona (this year from January
23 - 29...STARTS NEXT SUNDAY!!). HAMs come to Quartzfest* from all over
North America!

Quartzfest* not a Club, or Organization..no Officers or dues..just a
bunch of HAMs getting together..camping, sharing knowledge, learning new
skills, enjoying the comradeship of others in your hobby and making life
long friendships. Quartzfest's longevity is the result of many HAM
volunteers dedicated to both RV'ing and Amateur Radio..

Linda and I have put together a schedule of close to 30 seminars during
the week including talks on technical HAM stuff including antennas,
Amateur Television, Digital modes, a full day of information on building
a "Solar" power system (from basic to advanced..and includes a class on
batteries), metal detecting/prospecting...and a lot more. We even have a
two and a half day "Get on the Air Workshop" where we'll teach basic
soldering of wire/coax..as well as soldering components on circuit
boards, calculating lengths of wire for dipoles and how to tune the
antennas with analyzers. The workshop is completely "Hands On"!

Before I go, I'd better mention the fact that Ladies, you're not
forgotten during the week. Linda has laid on classes on making bracelets
with glass beads, Quiling, a Quilt "Show and Tell"..I know I'm
forgetting something here.

We have other activities on the schedule including VE (Amateur Radio
Licensing Exams) and Commercial Radio Telephone and Telegraph exams, a
40 meter antenna shootout where you can test how your RV HF setup stacks
up against others. We have an "Antenna Walkabout" where we're taken on a
tour of the Quartzsite area looking at unique RV antenna installations,
Geocaching and Finding hidden transmitters. We'll have 2 Pot Luck
Dinners and our Annual "HOBO Stew", our "off road trip", two days of
"Yard Sale" (tailgate swap meet) and the First Annual "QRZ.com users
Fest" hosted by QRZ.com Founder Fred Lloyd AA7BQ.

We can't leave out our morning and night campfires, talks and
movies..and best of all, eyeball QSO's with old friends. What, you don't
have old friends here? Don't worry, by the end of the week, you'll have
more friends than you can count on your fingers and toes!

Wait, that's not all! We'll also be operating Special Event Station N7Q
(November Seven Quartzfest*) from January 23rd thru 29th..and we'd love
to make radio contact with you. We'll be working all bands
intermittently (we're all on solar or battery power..no electrical
hook-ups out here in the desert). Of particular note, drop in on the
Western Country Cousins Net on 3.970 LSB at 9:00pm Pacific time where
N7Q will be in operation..especially Wednesday, January 26...as NET Control.

We have so much going on during the week..too much to mention it all
here. For the rest of the schedule, drop by our Quartzfest* website:
quartzfest.org and then click on the "2011" button at the top of the
page. While visiting the site, take a little time browsing through past
years pictures and reports as well as our safety information, driving
directions and see how it all started on our "Quartzfest* History" page.

Linda and I are already on site..and awaiting your arrival. Talk-in
frequency is 146.55 FM Simplex. When you get to the Quartzfest* area in
the "Road Runner" 14 day "Free" BLM area, drive right past the "Camp
Host" campsite (DON'T stop and sigh in) and drop by our fifth wheel to
sign in. You'll receive your informational welcome packet when you sign in.