Old January 18th 11, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default NEW Lare...

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:31:35 -0500, Karl Mauritania
wrote:

Burger King Rocks

Karl Knows

wrote:

Get a MacDonalds hamburger and a Hostess Twinkies and set them aside
somewhere.Years later, take a look at them.They won't Decompose! Damn
things will last Forever!
cuhulin

Mauritania is putting in a good signal in the 40 meter ham band right
now - 7.245 MHz in Arabic @ 2230 UTC with ID @ 2259UTC.

Jim(MI)
Old January 18th 11, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:03:49 -0500, Karl Mauritania

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:31:35 -0500, Karl Mauritania
wrote:

Burger King Rocks

Karl Knows

wrote:

Get a MacDonalds hamburger and a Hostess Twinkies and set them aside
somewhere.Years later, take a look at them.They won't Decompose! Damn
things will last Forever!
cuhulin

Mauritania is putting in a good signal in the 40 meter ham band right
now - 7.245 MHz in Arabic @ 2230 UTC with ID @ 2259UTC.

Still waiting for a QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) from them. Usually
heard on 4845 which has not been active for awhile.

Karl Knows

Hopefully all those stations will eventually move above 7300kHz. It is
really nice on the low end of 40 meters since the first move. I heard
OX3KQ in Greenland contact a station in South Africa this afternoon on
7128 kHz (SSB).

Jim
Old January 19th 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:33:41 -0500, Karl Mauritania

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:03:49 -0500, Karl Mauritania

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:31:35 -0500, Karl Mauritania
wrote:

Burger King Rocks

Karl Knows

wrote:

Get a MacDonalds hamburger and a Hostess Twinkies and set them aside
somewhere.Years later, take a look at them.They won't Decompose! Damn
things will last Forever!
cuhulin

Mauritania is putting in a good signal in the 40 meter ham band right
now - 7.245 MHz in Arabic @ 2230 UTC with ID @ 2259UTC.

Still waiting for a QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) from them. Usually
heard on 4845 which has not been active for awhile.

Hopefully all those stations will eventually move above 7300kHz. It is
really nice on the low end of 40 meters since the first move. I heard
OX3KQ in Greenland contact a st

Yeah, I suppose. Although I are one, Amateur Radio is like shooting fish in a
barrel.

Not at all like SWBC DX.

Karl Knows

It depends on the station. Mauritania now runs 250 KW and was S9 +
20dB at 2230UTC. But I agree. Most SW broadcast stations run
substantially less power and are a definite challenge to ID.

I think that is why I like to ID pirate operators. Some of them are
running in the milliwatts.

Jim

Old January 19th 11, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/18/2011 04:08 PM, wrote:

It depends on the station. Mauritania now runs 250 KW and was S9 +
20dB at 2230UTC.
Jim

I'll bet the lights dim downtown on the low notes.
Old January 19th 11, 03:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11-01-18 05:51 PM, dave wrote:
On 01/18/2011 04:08 PM, wrote:

It depends on the station. Mauritania now runs 250 KW and was S9 +
20dB at 2230UTC.
Jim

I'll bet the lights dim downtown on the low notes.

In Holland Mi, the dimbulbs downtown get to blow motes...

mike