Old January 23rd 11, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Getting good results with my MFJ-1026 and verticals

This thing works great with a "matched pair" of verticals 50' apart. I
am just nulling out a single offender, my neighbor's RV battery charger.

I could never get it to "work" using random wires. Martin Jue I love
you. Anything to avoid a confrontation with neighbors. The 50'
fiberglass pole needs all the friends it can get.
Old January 23rd 11, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 23, 9:40*am, dave wrote:
This thing works great with a "matched pair" of verticals 50' apart. I
am just nulling out a single offender, my neighbor's RV battery charger.

I could never get it to "work" using random wires. Martin Jue I love
you. Anything to avoid a confrontation with neighbors. The 50'
fiberglass pole needs all the friends it can get.

The 1026 is an excellent unit. I've actually had pretty good luck
nulling noise by matching a DX-Ultra with a random wire. I'd guess
two matched verts should give a gangbusters combo.

Unfortunately, it is a one-at-a-time system.
Old January 24th 11, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 23, 12:17*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 23, 9:40*am, dave wrote:

This thing works great with a "matched pair" of verticals 50' apart. I
am just nulling out a single offender, my neighbor's RV battery charger..

I could never get it to "work" using random wires. Martin Jue I love
you. Anything to avoid a confrontation with neighbors. The 50'
fiberglass pole needs all the friends it can get.

The 1026 is an excellent unit. *I've actually had pretty good luck
nulling noise by matching a DX-Ultra with a random wire. *I'd guess
two matched verts should give a gangbusters combo.

Unfortunately, it is a one-at-a-time system.

MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Signal Enhancer
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...amps/3541.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL.../3542rear.html

The Small Whip Antenna for 'Inside' Noise Sources is OK.

For "Outside" Noise Sources try a 'Snake' Antenna made
of 50 Feet of Coax Cable with 8~12 Feet of Uncovered
Coax at the End.

Make the 'Snake' Antenna from some old Coax Cable
that has a PL-259 Plug on at least one End.

-)======================--------

Run the 'Snake' Antenna from the MFJ-1026 outside to
where it can be Rigged as a Vertical Antenna from the
Ground to an Upper Support {Tree Limb?}.
* Secure both Ends of the Vertical Section.
* Place 3 Clamp-On Ferrite Cores about an Inch or two
apart at the bottom of the Vertial Section.
* The Vertical Section should be at least 5 Feet clear of
all surrounding things {10 Feet would be better}.

iane ~ RHF
Old January 24th 11, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/23/2011 04:15 PM, RHF wrote:

The Small Whip Antenna for 'Inside' Noise Sources is OK.

For "Outside" Noise Sources try a 'Snake' Antenna made
of 50 Feet of Coax Cable with 8~12 Feet of Uncovered
Coax at the End.

Make the 'Snake' Antenna from some old Coax Cable
that has a PL-259 Plug on at least one End.

-)======================--------

Run the 'Snake' Antenna from the MFJ-1026 outside to
where it can be Rigged as a Vertical Antenna from the
Ground to an Upper Support {Tree Limb?}.
* Secure both Ends of the Vertical Section.
* Place 3 Clamp-On Ferrite Cores about an Inch or two
apart at the bottom of the Vertial Section.
* The Vertical Section should be at least 5 Feet clear of
all surrounding things {10 Feet would be better}.

I am using a 43' vertical wire for my "noise" antenna (or my receive
antenna when transceivering).

FS: MFJ 1026 NEW! k2tl Swap 0 February 28th 10 06:26 PM
CondoBuster - - Good Results [email protected] Antenna 3 April 12th 07 08:51 PM
CondoBuster - - Good Results [email protected] Antenna 0 April 10th 07 07:02 PM
MFJ-1026 or ANC-4 Brian Shortwave 15 November 27th 06 12:47 AM
WTB: MFJ-1026 Rick Frazier Swap 0 May 16th 05 06:19 AM