Old February 7th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Liberty Net: January 29, 2011

On 11-02-06 09:20 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Liberty Net: January 29, 2011

http://3950.net/2011/02/liberty-net-january-29-2011/

eternal-september is evil. why the attraction?

mike
Old February 7th 11, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/6/2011 8:51 PM, m II wrote:
On 11-02-06 09:20 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Liberty Net: January 29, 2011

http://3950.net/2011/02/liberty-net-january-29-2011/

eternal-september is evil. why the attraction?

mike

Really? What's evil about it?

Curious,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://nationalvanguard.org/
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old February 7th 11, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11-02-06 07:13 PM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

eternal-september is evil. why the attraction?

Really? What's evil about it?

It seems to have developed a reputation as a place where spammers and
others of their ilk post from. They think it may give them a sense of
anonymity. It may not be of benefit to your message if people were to
perceive you were trying to hide something.

I know you're not, but someone less familiar with your perspectives may
fall into an erroneous conclusion.

That's basically my view on it and is subjective in every way...

mike
Old February 7th 11, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/7/2011 11:24 AM, m II wrote:
On 11-02-06 07:13 PM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

eternal-september is evil. why the attraction?

Really? What's evil about it?

It seems to have developed a reputation as a place where spammers
and others of their ilk post from. They think it may give them a
sense of anonymity. It may not be of benefit to your message if
people were to perceive you were trying to hide something.

I know you're not, but someone less familiar with your perspectives
may fall into an erroneous conclusion.

That's basically my view on it and is subjective in every way...

mike

Okay, thanks. Do aioe.org and x-privat.org and tioat.net have
similar reputations? They seem to be the only easy and free ways
(besides Google Groups, whose interface and censorship I find
intolerable) to get the discussion groups on Usenet these days.

I actually didn't much like eternal-september's servers -- difficult
to make it work with my newsreader and unreliable too. The reason I
was experimenting was because my preferred provider had an outage.

With my best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://nationalvanguard.org/
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old February 8th 11, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/7/2011 11:25 PM, Hils wrote:
Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
Okay, thanks. Do aioe.org and x-privat.org and tioat.net have
similar reputations? They seem to be the only easy and free ways
(besides Google Groups, whose interface and censorship I find
intolerable) to get the discussion groups on Usenet these days.

I keep reading about Usenet spam, but I never find it more than a
very minor problem. Perhaps I've been reading the right newsgroups.
The major downside I've found to aioe is that they seem to respond
to reports of unwelcome content by making that group read-only.
Censorship, or the threat of it, is a much more sinister problem
than spam IMO.

Usenet spam used to be more of a problem a few years ago (though
rec.radio.shortwave was never affected too much), but it seems to be
receding -- along with the popularity of Usenet itself.

I didn't know about aioe's censorship, which is troubling. I only
tried them briefly, but their servers were so slow that in the short
term I was never quite sure if my posts were really posted or not
(sometimes they _would_ be posted even when Thunderbird said the
server timed out -- and sometimes not).

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://nationalvanguard.org/
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Old February 8th 11, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/08/2011 04:10 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Usenet spam used to be more of a problem a few years ago (though
rec.radio.shortwave was never affected too much), but it seems to be
receding -- along with the popularity of Usenet itself.

I didn't know about aioe's censorship, which is troubling. I only tried
them briefly, but their servers were so slow that in the short term I
was never quite sure if my posts were really posted or not (sometimes
they _would_ be posted even when Thunderbird said the server timed out
-- and sometimes not).

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.

I can't imagine what kind of target demographic we're a part of. I've
been here since 1997 and this is the worst the spam gets, which isn't
[knock] bad. Some newsgroups are 10:1 advertising.
Old February 8th 11, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 8, 4:10*am, Kevin Alfred Strom
wrote:
On 2/7/2011 11:25 PM, Hils wrote:

Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
[...]

KAS,

Usually I run two Windows {Tabs} :
One with Forté Agent in it; and the
'other' with Google Groups* in it.

This allows me to Post via Forté Agent when needed;
and Verify within a Seconds at Google Groups that the
Post made it {posted ok}.

Note : Google Groups is now the Host Repository
for most of what was called the UseNet Archives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#...s_and_DejaNews
Old February 9th 11, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 8, 7:10*pm, wrote:
On Feb 8, 8:57*am, dave wrote:

On 02/08/2011 04:10 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Usenet spam used to be more of a problem a few years ago (though
rec.radio.shortwave was never affected too much), but it seems to be
receding -- along with the popularity of Usenet itself.

I didn't know about aioe's censorship, which is troubling. I only tried
them briefly, but their servers were so slow that in the short term I
was never quite sure if my posts were really posted or not (sometimes
they _would_ be posted even when Thunderbird said the server timed out
-- and sometimes not).

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.

- - I can't imagine what kind of target demographic

'Special-Dave' : ! "target" !
Puts you into the 'Target' Demon-Graphic
Classified as both "Hate Speech" and "Violent Action"
Old February 9th 11, 01:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/08/2011 09:46 PM, RHF wrote:

- - I can't imagine what kind of target demographic

'Special-Dave' : ! "target" !
Puts you into the 'Target' Demon-Graphic
Classified as both "Hate Speech" and "Violent Action"
.

I like violent rhetoric. But I'm mature and well adjusted and know the
difference between real and make-believe.

The hatred seen on racist Obama/Mexican opponents' faces cannot be put
into words. Once you get emotional you start losing control.

Stupid crackers don't know who their friends are...
Old February 10th 11, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Connect-the-Dots 'Special-Dave' They Do NOT Paint a Picture of"Mature and Well Adjusted"

On Feb 9, 5:28*am, dave wrote:
On 02/08/2011 09:46 PM, RHF wrote:

- - I can't imagine what kind of target demographic

'Special-Dave' : ! "target" !
Puts you into the 'Target' Demon-Graphic
Classified as both "Hate Speech" and "Violent Action"
* .

I like violent rhetoric. But I'm mature and well adjusted and know the
difference between real and make-believe.

The hatred seen on racist Obama/Mexican opponents' faces cannot be put
into words. Once you get emotional you start losing control.

Stupid crackers don't know who their friends are...

'Special-Dave' -claims- "I'm mature and well adjusted"

rotfl+oaoa rotfl+oaoa rotfl+oaoa rotfl+oaoa rotfl+oaoa

'Special-Dave' the 'picture' that you have painted here
on RRS is anything but "mature and well adjusted" [.]

ROTFL+OAOA ROTFL+OAOA ROTFL+OAOA ROTFL+OAOA

? 'Special-Dave' How Does "Stupid Crackers"
Make You "Mature and Well Adjusted" !