Old March 9th 11, 02:12 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
SMS SMS is offline

Default IBOC ? : Do We Know What Today's Younger Audio 'Content' ConsumersWant and Expect ?

On 3/8/2011 4:11 PM, RHF wrote:

Not after a few Years of Blasting their Ears with
Very Loud Sounding "Pop" Music via Ear Buds !

The advantages of the personal music player, first the Walkman cassette
and CD units, and now the flash based units, over the older boom boxes
made many of us happy that we no longer had to endure bad and loud music
from others, but the long term effects on hearing loss are a serious
problem.
Old March 9th 11, 05:10 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
SMS SMS is offline

On 3/8/2011 4:03 PM, RHF wrote:
On Mar 8, 10:04 am, wrote:
On 3/8/2011 9:42 AM, RHF wrote:

Of course the loss of the higher quality signal was completely related
to money. Anyone that's ever listened to digital radio is thrilled with
the audio quality, but that doesn't mean that the station that's
broadcasting the content they want in higher quality digital audio is
going to survive.

One of my Sons who the Schools 'claimed' to have
what is now called ADD/ADDH and they wanted to
put him in a 'Special' Class and 'Med' Him all up.
http://add.about.com/
Back then when KDFC was a wonderful sounding
Analog Classical FM Radio Station
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDFC-FM
And alternative Medicine Practitioner suggested
Playing Classical Music at a very low sound level
at night while he was sleeping; so we did and it did
seem to work after a few weeks. Something to do
with occupying the Mind with Sounds that cause it
to subprocess them; and allowing the rest of the
Mind to Function more Normally.
http://www.naturaladhdcure.com/holistic.html

There are some ways to mitigate minor ADD/ADHD with behavior
modification and non-drug methods, though the drugs really do work. The
key thing with the ADD meds is to find the lowest dose that works. Too
low a dose and the meds have no effect at all, too high a dose and it
can cause problems. It's mostly trial and error to find the proper dose.

Fortunately no one has to rely on KDFC, whether analog or digital, for
classical music.
Old March 9th 11, 05:17 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
RHF RHF is offline

Default Preaching Hate For IBOC : No Digital Love Allowed

On Mar 8, 12:12*pm, Patty Winter wrote:
In article ,

SMS wrote:

Anyone that's ever listened to digital radio is thrilled with
the audio quality

- Steven, why do you keep saying that, despite many people having
- said just the opposite in thread after thread that you've
- participated in? Really, why do you do it? Do you read other
- people's postings selectively and not see the parts that
- don't agree with your worldview? Do you think that repeating
- an untruth time after time will make it true? What are you
- doing?
-
- Patty

Patty,

So there is only your side to the 'story' : IBOC is Bad [.]

-and- Anyone who Thinks that IBOC might be good
should sit down and shut-up -cause- IBOC IS BAD !

Did You just may be think that "Steven" could Think
For Himself {Without You Telling Him How To Think}
-and- That "Steven" Has The Right To His Opinion !

.. . . nah you did not . . .

Patty Your Half-Truth Is NOT the Whole Truth
-and- "Steven" Simply Presents The 'Other' Half
of the Truth Complete Truth - imho ~ RHF
Old March 9th 11, 05:31 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
RHF RHF is offline

Default Anti-IBOC Spammer "iBiquity Fraudsters" Sticks-Out Again !

On Mar 8, 12:38*pm, iBiquity Fraudsters
wrote:
On Mar 8, 3:12*pm, Patty Winter wrote:

In article ,

SMS wrote:

Anyone that's ever listened to digital radio is thrilled with
the audio quality

Steven, why do you keep saying that, despite many people having
said just the opposite in thread after thread that you've
participated in? Really, why do you do it? Do you read other
people's postings selectively and not see the parts that
don't agree with your worldview? Do you think that repeating
an untruth time after time will make it true? What are you
doing?

Patty

"Really, why do you do it?"

- Because he is frustrated that he doesn't have a
- blog that sits on Google's Homepage, so he has
- to post here, wasting time - LOL!

iBiquity Fraudsters : You are a Fly Speck
http://i1.soundcloud.com/artworks-00...nal.jpg?c1f0ed
-if-your-blog-is-so-great-:-then-why-do-you-post-here-?-
*r-o-t-f-l* *r-o-t-f-l* *r-o-t-f-l* *r-o-t-f-l* *r-o-t-f-l* *r-o-t-f-
l*
Old March 9th 11, 08:57 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital

In article , Patty Winter
scribeth thus

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:

Haven't you ever experienced "Bubblin mud" at all?...

Is that the "underwater" sound that results from dropouts on
digital audio signals? I hate that!

Patty

Yes it is dig-it-all radio is far from the perfection that some
think;!..
--
Tony Sayer

Old March 9th 11, 08:58 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital

In article , hwh iimeeltje@ho
tmail.com.invalid scribeth thus
On 3/8/11 8:29 PM, tony sayer wrote:
With an AAC+ Codec (DAB+ and HD are
both based on AAC+) you can achieve high quality audio with better
dynamic range with as low as 64kb/s encoding.

Err Right....

Err...not exactly. And HD radio uses an old version of AAC+.
Oh by the way: HD radio uses lower bitrates. So it does not achieve high
audio quality, even if 64 kbps would be the norm.

gr, hwh

Theres a hint of shall we say sarcasm in there;!..
--
Tony Sayer

Old March 9th 11, 08:59 AM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital

In article , SMS
scribeth thus
On 3/8/2011 11:29 AM, tony sayer wrote:
This was interesting because it validates what most people here have
been saying for a long time:

1) Streaming radio over the web results in lower audio quality than OTA.

Humm ... never heard the BBC's radio 3 HD output then I take it?,
perhaps you won't have done.. prolly you have never been to England
perhaps;?..

You're right, my mistake.

I should not generalize what is the case in the U.S. in terms of
streaming radio station audio with what is actually possible, and what
apparently is being done in the U.K.. Just as those that have never
heard digital radio in the U.S. should not equate it with the U.K.'s DAB
digital radio.

Yes well .. bit rates are the same here, there and everywhere.
96 K there is much the same as 96 K here file formats etc being the
same..
--
Tony Sayer

Old March 9th 11, 11:10 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC FM HD-Radio Implementation : The FCC Is Planning For Failure [NoMandated Plan of Action]

On Mar 9, 12:44*pm, J G Miller wrote:
On Wednesday, 09 Mar 2011 09:21:44h -0800, SMS wrote:
Ten years is _nothing_ in the rollout of a new broadcast technology.
Look how long it took for FM radio or color TV to become ubiquitous.

Indeed, look how long it took for ATSC to become the universal standard
digital terrestrial broadcast TV standard in the USofA, 11 years from
the first broadcast.

So is it unreasonable to expect similar with digital radio, when the
cost of an HD radio is significantly less than an HDTV?

Old March 10th 11, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 21:27:50 +0000, Richard Evans
wrote:

Patty Winter wrote:
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Haven't you ever experienced "Bubblin mud" at all?...

Is that the "underwater" sound that results from dropouts on
digital audio signals? I hate that!

It is when you are listening to DAB. I presume it's caused by some of
the sub bands failing randomly as the signal gets a bit too weak.

I am new to this NG and SWL listening. What is DAB?

Old March 10th 11, 02:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC ? : Do We Know What Today's Younger Audio 'Content'Co...

DABney Coleman.
cuhulin

HD Radio: Eduardo contradicts himself - LMFAO! DigitalRadioScams Shortwave 172 August 16th 10 09:24 PM
HD Radio shutdown in Wash, D.C! LMFAO! PocketRadio Shortwave 49 January 2nd 09 01:36 PM
FS: Sector 220 FM portable Cencom Swap 0 November 7th 04 03:27 PM
FS: Sector 220 MHz Portable Cencom Swap 0 November 1st 04 01:13 PM
Brother Stair infests Europe's MW band. Simon Mason Shortwave 7 October 17th 04 04:23 PM