Old March 11th 11, 10:19 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital

Default Regenerative receivers, anyone?

On Mar 10, 8:27*pm, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On Mar 9, 4:28 pm, wrote:

Anyone here using a regenerative receiver for their SWLing? I'm just
curious.

On 3/10/2011 6:03 PM, DEFCON 88 wrote:

A friend once had a Hallicrafters S-119 Sky Buddy II. A very cool
little radio. It was really hot on MW but I think it had images. I'd
love to have one just for that old time analog ambience.

Definitely an interesting little entry level radio, but a superhet, not
a regen.

And yes, it does have images as it is a single conversion receiver (455
kHz I.F.).

Oops, I sit corrected! Dunno why I thought it was a regen.