Old April 17th 11, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Make Wasting Power More Expensive

About five sompin years ago, somewhere on the net I read about a new
kind of airconditioner out of Colorado.
http://www.coolerado.com

And back in the 1960s I read an article in either Popular Mechanics or
Popular Science magazine about a guy in Arkansas who rigged up his own
airconditioner.He put a hole in the ground near a window of his house.He
mounted one or two old pickup truck radiators in front of the window.He
used a water pump to circulate the water through the radiator(s) and an
electric fan to blow the cold air into his house.I think he had two
holes in the ground, one of them was for the water return back into the
ground.According to the article I read his home brewed airconditioner
worked very well.
cuhulin