Old April 21st 11, 05:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default About that Shale Oil

Technology Is Turning Shale Into Viable Energy Source, but Safety Concerns
Persist

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/20...#ixzz1K7wuA6pH

--
Burr
From The Gardens

Old April 21st 11, 05:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 4/20/2011 9:06 PM, Burr wrote:
Technology Is Turning Shale Into Viable Energy Source, but Safety Concerns
Persist

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/20...#ixzz1K7wuA6pH

I have heard people who want to start up conversations about causing
fractures which are allowing oil to pollute under ground water supplies
.... never researched it though ...

Have a commercial reverse osmosis and deionized water filter on the
whole house ... however, we live far from where these practices of
fracturing shale layers is being done, to extract oil.

But, if the water starts tasting funny or neighbors start complaining,
will have to look into it!

Regards,
JS

Old April 21st 11, 05:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Grow Peanuts.Diesel engines run Real Good on Peanut Oil, any kind of
Vegetable Oil.Peanuts are not Nuts, they are Legumes, the Bean family.I
used to have some Peanuts growing in my back yard back in the 1970s.
cuhulin

Old April 21st 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?...rs+Association

http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?...egetab le+oil

Plant some Diesel Fuel Trees.
http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Diesel+Fuel+Trees

Restaurants throw away used vegetable cooking/frying oil.Some people go
around and collet that stuff and they filter it and do some other things
to it to clean it up and they use it for Diesel Fuel.I have a book here
that shows and tells all about how to do it.

I remember many years ago jars of peanut butter had that peanut oil
floating on top of the peanut butter.If you are old enough maybe you
remember that too.I used to slurp that peanut oil right off the top of
that peanut butter, it was Real GOOD.
cuhulin, Peanuts R US

Old April 21st 11, 02:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default About that Shale Oil (the gas glows before you light it)

On 04/20/2011 09:06 PM, Burr wrote:
Technology Is Turning Shale Into Viable Energy Source, but Safety Concerns
Persist

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/20...#ixzz1K7wuA6pH

There was a plan at one time to use small nuclear bombs for fracking shale.
Old April 21st 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default About Oil and Gas from Oil-Shale : Do It Right -or- Don't Do It !

On Apr 20, 9:06 pm, "Burr" wrote:

- Technology Is Turning Shale Into Viable Energy Source,
- but Safety Concerns Persist
-
- Read mo
- http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/20...-shale-taking-...
-
- --
- Burr
- From The Gardens
- Roses & Orchids
- Guiguinto, Bulacan. Philippineshttp://www.guiguinto.gov.ph/
- And Red Mountain, Ca. USA
- I'm a member of The Tea Party, I VOTE

Burr these are not just simple 'safety' concerns.

These Are Real Environmental Issues that are related
to Oil-Shale's Toxic Production By-Produces getting into
the Public Water Supply via the Ground Water Table
and Hazardous Waste Piles covering the Landscape.

That is Oil-Shale Contaminated {Poisoned} Ground
Water that could last for 1000s of Years.

That is Oil-Shale Contaminated {Toxic} Waste Piles
that will be a Scare on the Earth for 100s of Years.
Old April 21st 11, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Roy, guess that is why that stock has never teaken off like I hoped when I
bought it. Everytime there is some kind of oil well, Far East or what ever
mess I get my hopes up but it just sets there!

--
Burr
From The Gardens
Roses & Orchids
Guiguinto, Bulacan. Philippines
http://www.guiguinto.gov.ph/
And Red Mountain, Ca. USA
I'm a member of The Tea Party, I VOTE

"RHF"
Burr these are not just simple 'safety' concerns.

These Are Real Environmental Issues that are related
to Oil-Shale's Toxic Production By-Produces getting into
the Public Water Supply via the Ground Water Table
and Hazardous Waste Piles covering the Landscape.

.
and that is the way 'i' see it ~ RHF

Old April 22nd 11, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A few articles about shale gas and fracking at
http://www.rense.com
(Headline News Stories 24/7)
cuhulin