Old June 4th 11, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) James Arness

has passed away at 88.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=308542

He was a Bomber Pilot in World War Two.He was one of the Good guys.
Rest in Peace, James Arness.
cuhulin

Old June 4th 11, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

has passed away at 88.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=308542

He was a Bomber Pilot in World War Two.

No, he was not a pilot.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Arness

Old June 4th 11, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I thought I had once read at Internet Data Movie Base website or
somewhere a few years ago that James Arness was a Bomber Pilot.I reckon
I was mistaken.

Ken Curtis (Festus) was in World War Two.I think so.
cuhulin

Old June 4th 11, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6/3/11 18:55 , dxAce wrote:

wrote:

has passed away at 88.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=308542

He was a Bomber Pilot in World War Two.

No, he was not a pilot.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Arness

For a guy with no training as an actor, and near terminal
shyness, he did pretty well for himself.

Old June 4th 11, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6/3/2011 8:43 PM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 6/3/11 18:55 , dxAce wrote:

wrote:

has passed away at 88.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=308542

He was a Bomber Pilot in World War Two.

No, he was not a pilot.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Arness

For a guy with no training as an actor, and near terminal shyness, he
did pretty well for himself.

I always kinda thought he looked like a manikin, and wondered how they
moved his lips?

I look at old gunsmoke clips, and laugh, and wonder how that could have
possibly entertained me, as a child. Then I realize there were adults
with me, when I watched!

ROFLOL

Regards,
JS

Old June 4th 11, 09:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 3, 4:49*pm, wrote:
has passed away at 88.http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=308542

He was a Bomber Pilot in World War Two.He was one of the Good guys.
Rest in Peace, James Arness.
cuhulin

RIP 'Big-Man' - Amen ~ RHF

-fwiw- Peter Graves was his brother
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Graves

-omg- Heard 'On-the-Radio'
Doris Day [87] to release a new Record Album
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13615998

-yep- Doris Day [87] is Still Alive and Singing )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doris_Day

god bless them all ~ RHF
-with-a-song-in-my-heart-
Old June 4th 11, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Originally, they wanted to cast Kitty (Amanda Blake) as a prostitute in
the Gunsmoke TV programs.She told them Hell No!

Zsa Zsa Gabor is still alive.
cuhulin

Old June 4th 11, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I once read somewhere that Prostitution is the oldest profession in the
World.
I don't doubt that.
cuhulin

Old June 4th 11, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 3, 4:55*pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
has passed away at 88.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=308542

He was a Bomber Pilot in World War Two.

No, he was not a pilot.

See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Arness

Still in all, a pretty impressive war record...like so many others not
as famous but just as great.

James (Cuhulin), as I see it Burr Shortwave 22 August 8th 05 11:06 PM
James..... Burr Shortwave 0 March 9th 05 08:42 PM
James Burr Shortwave 0 March 9th 05 07:00 PM
James Burr Shortwave 0 March 5th 05 04:41 PM