Old June 25th 11, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Octopus Shortwave Radio

Watchin Ace Drummond, ''Chapter 6: Evil Spirits'' on the TCM channel.
I saw a big Shortwave Radio, on the front of the Radio it said, The
Octopus.Weird looking, it had something like a horizontally mounted
clear plastic thingy that was revolving around clockwise and counter
clockwise on the front panel of the Radio when the Radio was being used.
What was it?
cuhulin

Old June 25th 11, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

One of my old radios, it says on the front, ORION TELEPHONE AMP. & RADIO
15 TRANSISTOR SOLID STATE AC/DC.
There are three knobs, Tuning, AM TEL. and OFF - VOLUME.On the left
side, there is a place for AC 117 V, and two jacks, EAR and T.P
Inside, there is a place for a 9 Volt battery.
I assume to presume the radio can be used as a Telephone amplifier.
cuhulin
.................................................. .
Come back here with that Wahtermelon, boy!
.................................................. .

Old June 25th 11, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I just now noticed, my old ORION Radio says, MADE IN OKINAWA.
We gots The Green Berets (turn up the Volume) crankin up right now on
TCM.
cuhulin
Need a load of stock for the three color press!

Old June 25th 11, 08:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6/25/2011 12:53 PM, John Smith wrote:
On 6/25/2011 8:44 AM, wrote:
Watchin Ace Drummond, ''Chapter 6: Evil Spirits'' on the TCM channel.
I saw a big Shortwave Radio, on the front of the Radio it said, The
Octopus.Weird looking, it had something like a horizontally mounted
clear plastic thingy that was revolving around clockwise and counter
clockwise on the front panel of the Radio when the Radio was being used.
What was it?
cuhulin

Watch it he

http://camelotbroadcasting.com/showp...6_Evil_Spirits

Regards,
JSAce Drummond is a 13 part serial, based on a comic strip character, who was created by Eddie Rickenbacker.

Eddie Rickenbacker was a man of adventure, World War I fighter ace,
racing car driver, military advisor and a pioneer of air transportation.

Rickenbacker's hero, Ace Drummond, is an airborne 'G-Man'. In this
serial, he travels to Mongolia. His mission is to find out why the
villain of the piece, known as 'The Dragon', is preventing International
Airways from building an airport.

Meanwhile Peggy Trainor is searching for her father, who has
disappeared. The two meet to solve the mysteries.

Old June 25th 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 25, 3:03*pm, wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 10:44:50 -0500, wrote:
Watchin Ace Drummond, ''Chapter 6: Evil Spirits'' on the TCM channel.
I saw a big Shortwave Radio, on the front of the Radio it said, The
Octopus.Weird looking, it had something like a horizontally mounted
clear plastic thingy that was revolving around clockwise and counter
clockwise on the front panel of the Radio when the Radio was being used.
What was it?
cuhulin

It's the orignal prototype of the tiny-tenna. Don't let Arky Bob hear
about this!

Jim

That "thingy" instantly tunes the radio to the Great Liberty Net!

Old June 25th 11, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6/25/2011 2:10 PM, DEFCON 88 wrote:
On Jun 25, 3:03 pm, wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 10:44:50 -0500, wrote:
Watchin Ace Drummond, ''Chapter 6: Evil Spirits'' on the TCM channel.
I saw a big Shortwave Radio, on the front of the Radio it said, The
Octopus.Weird looking, it had something like a horizontally mounted
clear plastic thingy that was revolving around clockwise and counter
clockwise on the front panel of the Radio when the Radio was being used.
What was it?
cuhulin

It's the orignal prototype of the tiny-tenna. Don't let Arky Bob hear
about this!

Jim

That "thingy" instantly tunes the radio to the Great Liberty Net!

At 7:00 PM PST this evening?

Octopus a real Doosey HRBE Antenna 9 May 4th 08 07:47 PM
Octopus circuit tracer Paul P Radio Photos 2 May 13th 07 08:58 PM
Octopus circuit tracer Paul P Radio Photos 0 May 11th 07 03:05 AM
SolderSmoke 29: PC board boxes, Feynman video, Octopus 'scope aid, THE MOODY BLUES [email protected] Boatanchors 0 August 8th 06 06:48 AM
Purple Octopus octopus Shortwave 0 May 26th 05 05:39 PM