Old August 11th 11, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Scientific Smackdown: Skeptics Voted The Clear WinnersAgainstGlobal Warming Believers in Heated NYC Debate

On Aug 10, 10:04*am, m II wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
Every Republican is a liar. *It's a congenital defect from massive
inbreeding.

No need to sink to the acehole's level. You're better equipped to
express yourself.

mike

*signature.asc
1KViewDownload

So I'm just curious - what do we object to here? The "Republicans are
liars" thing, which is arguably true, or the "inbreeding" thing, which
is obviously a crude joke? I don't understand why the knee-jerk
conservatives can make one disgraceful comment about liberals after
another, including veiled threats to kill them, and when a liberal
does it he gets picked on by everyone? The hypocrisy is so thick you
can cut with a jackhammer.

Bruce
Old August 11th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 10, 10:57*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 8/10/11 12:32 , MNMikew wrote:

"D. Peter *wrote in message
On 8/10/11 10:45 , bpnjensen wrote:

Every Republican is a liar. *It's a congenital defect from massive
inbreeding.

* *You're better than that, Bruce.

Not really.

* * Actually, he's generally more reasoned than this outburst. He
and I may disagree, but I rarely see this kind of bitterness.

If there is bitterness, it is because the problem of human-forced
climate change has been KNOWN for decades by scientists across the
political spectrum, before Al Gore, even before you or I were born,
and there wasn't any frigging serious controversy about the ethics or
basic science of it until the oil companies caught wind of it and
started pumping $billions into propaganda campaigns against honest,
intelligent scientists - and showing their absolute lust for greed and
total contempt for humanity, the natural world and all of its
inhabitants. When we were becoming equipped to actually handle the
problem, the demagogues decided their profits were more important than
the planet, and came out with all the BS. On this matter, yes, I am
bitter.

Bruce Jensen
Old August 11th 11, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : Al Gore's Rage-&-Rant : Global Warming Done Gone To HisHead !

On Aug 10, 2:07*pm, RHF wrote:
On Aug 10, 8:46*am, bpnjensen wrote:
- On Aug 10, 3:13*am, RHF wrote:
*.
Scientific Smackdown: Skeptics Voted The Clear Winners
Against Global Warming Believers in Heated NYC Debatehttp://groups.google..com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/2acee8277e91b376
-posted-by- ka6uup
-and-reply-by- Bruce Jensenhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/bedf496a5fb56e41?
*.
- - One Must Begin To Ask...
- -
- - How Many Shares BpnJ Owns in Al Gores
- - Carbon Credits Corps ? ? ?
- -
- - Al Gore The Great Profit of Global Warming !
- -
- - payola big or small is still payola ~ RHF
- - *.
- - Another Absurd Climate Gate Moment !
- -http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/95fe5b213fcf20c4
- - *.
- - Climate-Gate : The 21st Century's Biggest Scientific SCAM !
- -http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/03f8f34788943898
- - *.
- - *.

- You're an uneducated idiot.

BpnJ,

You are getting good at the Al Gore 'Rage-&-Rant' Thingee )http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/pol...re-rant-why-th...

You have elevated yourself from simple rank-and-file of
'Global Warming' to the rank of 'Full of Hot Air' ! ::-}}

Oops ! Climate-Gate Did Happen Yet Another
Inconvenient Truth !http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...f3800097470e85
*.
LET'S ALL CHANT THE CLIMATE-GATEŠ MANTRA :
IT'S SETTLED SCIENCE : THERE CAN BE NO DEBATE [.]
-wrt- Another Absurd Climate GateŠ Moment !http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...4493147109bb61
*.
*.

Your Al Gore reference is smoke and mirrors, and completely
irrelevant. The settled science part are your words, not mine, and
completely innaccurate. Please educate yourself wity something other
than Faux News.
Old August 11th 11, 06:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 8/11/11 10:27 , bpnjensen wrote:
On Aug 10, 9:04 am, "D. Peter wrote:
On 8/10/11 10:45 , bpnjensen wrote:

Every Republican is a liar. It's a congenital defect from massive
inbreeding.

You're better than that, Bruce.

Sorry - I was just responding to Steve's silliness ;-)

Mike Myers says that silliness is a State of Grace.

One of the reasons so many people are so angry and tense is that
they've lost their silly.

Old August 11th 11, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 8/11/11 10:43 , bpnjensen wrote:
On Aug 10, 2:07 pm, wrote:
On Aug 10, 8:46 am, wrote:
- On Aug 10, 3:13 am, wrote:
.
Scientific Smackdown: Skeptics Voted The Clear Winners
Against Global Warming Believers in Heated NYC Debatehttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/2acee8277e91b376
-posted-by- ka6uup
-and-reply-by- Bruce Jensenhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/bedf496a5fb56e41?
.
- - One Must Begin To Ask...
- -
- - How Many Shares BpnJ Owns in Al Gores
- - Carbon Credits Corps ? ? ?
- -
- - Al Gore The Great Profit of Global Warming !
- -
- - payola big or small is still payola ~ RHF
- - .
[...]

Actually, 'The science is settled' is a quote of Algore. He said
it at the Oscars, he's said it on Charlie Rose.

He's said it numerous places.

Old August 11th 11, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
On Aug 10, 10:59 am, "MNMikew" wrote:
"D. Peter Maus" wrote in

On 8/10/11 12:32 , MNMikew wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 8/10/11 10:45 , bpnjensen wrote:

Every Republican is a liar. It's a congenital defect from massive
inbreeding.

You're better than that, Bruce.

Not really.

Actually, he's generally more reasoned than this outburst. He and I may
disagree, but I rarely see this kind of bitterness.

Most AGW alarmists are pretty bitter.- Hide quoted text -

Again, MnMike is a person who doesn't know what the hell he's talking
about, making believe he does.

------------------
Thanks for proving my point.

Old August 11th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 11, 10:28*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 8/11/11 10:43 , bpnjensen wrote:

On Aug 10, 2:07 pm, *wrote:
On Aug 10, 8:46 am, *wrote:
- On Aug 10, 3:13 am, *wrote:
* .
[...]

than Faux News.- Hide quoted text -

As I said before, *Al Gore is irrelevant to the actual issue*. He is
only a messenger. To blithely discredit 150 years of long and
thoughtful research by physicists, meterologists, climatologists,
oceanographers, mathematicians and astronomers, peer review after peer
review of every single hypothesis vetted to the nth degree, and a
science which freely admits that it still must answer some of the more
intractable questions to provide a complete picture - as every true
science does, every time - because you don't like the messenger - is
just ugly, unscientific politics. To do it because of greedy,
narcissistic motives is reprehensible and immoral.

Science has given us EVERY good thing we have beyond basic food, water
and land. We love our PCs and radios and TVs and transportation and
modern medicine and thank science for it, and rightfully so. However,
science is not always the bearer of benign or conveniently profitable
news. Sometimes it brings us bad news, sometimes news that even
challenges the existing power structure. Galileo and Darwin
challenged the church (and some willful people, to this day, still
disagree with both of these guys) - but their basic science is sound,
as is all true science, and has eventually won the day. Like the
science of Galileo and Darwin, the science of human-induced climate
change challenges the existing power structrure - nowadays,
concentrated wealth like the Koch Brothers and big oil/coal - and
consequently their propaganda machines are working in overtime to
preserve their power. As a result, Al Gore is bad and = climate
change science, and no-nothing reporters at Faux and Drudge are the
experts after spending zero years in actual research.

History repeats itself, and we have fallen into the same old trap of
ignorance and rebellion against inconvenience at the behest of the
powerful. The difference, this time, is that the fate of many forms
of life on the planet, as well as the security and well-being of
billions of people, hang in the balance.

Ignore Al Gore if you don't like him. He's just a politician. But
the science was, and is, conducted as it should be, and like all true
science that takes time and effort, is gradually yielding the correct
answer. We ridicule and ignore it at our own peril.

Bruce Jensen
Old August 11th 11, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 10, 2:07 pm, wrote:
On Aug 10, 8:46 am, wrote:
- On Aug 10, 3:13 am, wrote:
.
[...]

And he's wrong. Just like any other idiot who says it.

Old August 11th 11, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 10, 2:07 pm, wrote:
On Aug 10, 8:46 am, wrote:
- On Aug 10, 3:13 am, wrote:
.
[...]

--------------------

And thus we get at the crux of the Church of Global Warming. Class warfare.
And don't forget your PCs, radios, TVs, transportation and modern medicine
would not exist without evil oil.

Old August 11th 11, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 11, 11:08*am, "MNMikew" wrote:
"D. Peter Maus" wrote in ...

On 8/11/11 10:43 , bpnjensen wrote:
On Aug 10, 2:07 pm, *wrote:
On Aug 10, 8:46 am, *wrote:
- On Aug 10, 3:13 am, *wrote:
* .
[...]

And he's wrong. Just like any other idiot who says it.- Hide quoted text -