Old August 31st 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Anyone have experience with hand held two bands ???

Michael wrote:

very intriguing suggestion... i'd gladly buy baofeng as a "toy" to
tinker with, but i want somthing durable and dependable...

Lots of hams I know are buying them to put in "bug out bags", keep
one in each car, etc. They are small, cheap and run on rechargable lithium
batteries so they don't run down when sitting on a shelf.

I don't have one myself but I have been told they are very easy to use
and program.

BTW, the Woxoun is sold by Yaseu, but they changed the features slightly. :-)

i would not
be confident about that thing holding up. also want somthing i dont
have to struggle with learning how to use. my goal is to use it to
work the local hams and to have somthing when the power goes out. i'm
in north nj, and my power where i live has gone out for over three
days twice in a two year period because our substation is by a river.
this last storm wiped out the power by me and it is still out in my
town.

Personally in that case I would look into older Motorola gear. Lots of
parts, plenty of support in the ham community, and almost indestructible.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.
Old August 31st 11, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 31, 1:29*pm, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:
Michael wrote:
[...]

thanx... i will do some searching on the web for a few days before i
make a final decision.

i think it i will be the 140 dollar Yaesu FT-60R or the $300 kenwood
TH-F6A

just gotta decide of if the TH-F6A is worth the extra $$$ over the
FT-60R

bc sc 150 hand held tubes Scanner 0 March 28th 10 07:04 PM
Hand Held CB Gene Rector CB 15 November 2nd 03 03:04 PM
FA - 2 Mtr Hand Held ADI AT-201 Capt. jack Equipment 0 September 30th 03 09:09 PM
FA - 2 Mtr Hand Held ADI AT-201 Capt. jack Equipment 0 September 30th 03 09:09 PM