Old September 24th 11, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Latest Liberty Net via WB4AIO

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 04:00:52 -0500, D. Peter Maus wrote:

On 9/24/11 03:37 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Is there an advantage, you think, to getting it on iTunes?

Yes. Dramatically wider exposure and distribution.

To dip****s and fancy lads
Old September 24th 11, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/24/2011 1:37 AM, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
On 9/14/2011 8:48 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 9/13/11 20:02 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

It's a labor of love. All the comments I see and get via email
indicate to me that it's making an impact on thinkers coming from
both the left and the right -- and moving them to that better place
which is neither left nor right, but "above." Hundreds of people now
download the sound file every week.

Have you thought about putting it up as a podcast on iTunes?

No, but a recent girlfriend had iTunes and I found it to be nightmarish
compared with my simple method of using Winamp and just putting mp3s in
folders like any other files -- so I never thought about it.

Is there an advantage, you think, to getting it on iTunes?

With my best,

Kevin.

No, the kids and technically/politically illiterate are really not a
market for the deep thought material which your platform is based on.
If someone requires a different format, .mp3 is an excellent media, from
..mp3 it is a simple matter to load up a free converter on a PC and
convert to any media you think you need ...

I tend to favor the free VLC player over winamp, plays most stuff right
out of the box, plus, any codec you install is usable by VLC and you can
play any format I have ever downloaded from the net. But, winamp is a
very decent player ... one thing to avoid at all cost is quicktime -- I
think of as a virus which can play some audio, video, media files ... I
think of itunes as high-school-teenie-bopper territory.

Regards,
JS

Old September 24th 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 24, 2:00*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 9/24/11 03:37 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

On 9/14/2011 8:48 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 9/13/11 20:02 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

It's a labor of love. All the comments I see and get via email
indicate to me that it's making an impact on thinkers coming from
both the left and the right -- and moving them to that better place
which is neither left nor right, but "above." Hundreds of people now
download the sound file every week.

Have you thought about putting it up as a podcast on iTunes?

No, but a recent girlfriend had iTunes and I found it to be nightmarish
compared with my simple method of using Winamp and just putting mp3s in
folders like any other files -- so I never thought about it.

- - Is there an advantage, you think, to getting it on iTunes?

-*Yes. Dramatically wider exposure and distribution.

What About the 'Question' of iTunes {Apple}
Censoring Content ?
http://gizmodo.com/5490310/its-time-...les-censorship
Old September 24th 11, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/24/2011 5:35 AM, dave wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 04:37:34 -0400, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

On 9/14/2011 8:48 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 9/13/11 20:02 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

It's a labor of love. All the comments I see and get via email
indicate to me that it's making an impact on thinkers coming from both
the left and the right -- and moving them to that better place which
is neither left nor right, but "above." Hundreds of people now
download the sound file every week.

Have you thought about putting it up as a podcast on iTunes?

No, but a recent girlfriend had iTunes and I found it to be nightmarish
compared with my simple method of using Winamp and just putting mp3s in
folders like any other files -- so I never thought about it.

Amarok is the music player to beat. Itunes, like all things Apple, is
more style than substance. Can't even play ogg vorbis or flac.

Ogg Vorbis is where it is at ... totally free, totally open source,
totally unemcumbered by patents ... it should be the standard were lossy
audio is quite acceptable, amateur/SW communications being a prime
example ... I prefer it over .mp3 format for my music which uses
compression ... however, I am too lazy to covert the highly acceptable
..mp3 to ogg for casual listening.

Audio which I archive for storage, I usually trancode to ogg, because of
the free nature stated above ... I simply wish industry would switch
over to ogg as the prevalent standard and drop the costly other forms of
encoding ... beats windows media audio and AAC hands down ...

This page is an excellent argument for all the above:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorbis

Regards,
JS

Old September 24th 11, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 24, 5:36*am, dave wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 04:00:52 -0500, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 9/24/11 03:37 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

Is there an advantage, you think, to getting it on iTunes?

* *Yes. Dramatically wider exposure and distribution.

To dip****s and fancy lads

Ah Dave Does Know His "Dip-****s !

M4* Mania Dave Likes To Dip His "****" in Embalming
Fluid any Smokes His **** in his Techie-No-Color
Painted Brass Pipe.
* Mucho Medical-Marijuana Madness [M4]

Old September 24th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

Yes. Dramatically wider exposure and distribution.

To dip****s and fancy lads

John Smith *AND* dxacehole in one insult. Excellent!

mike

--
And, as always, don't leave your children unattended anywhere in
Holland, Michigan. Many, many undesirable backwater types live there.

They have at least one dufus who once claimed to have been the Supreme
Commander of a gay paramilitary sauna club and fantasized about 'blowing
away' Canada, and who knows, there may be many more dufi there.

Old September 24th 11, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 07:43:32 -0700, RHF wrote:

On Sep 24, 2:00Â*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 9/24/11 03:37 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

On 9/14/2011 8:48 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 9/13/11 20:02 , Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:

It's a labor of love. All the comments I see and get via email
indicate to me that it's making an impact on thinkers coming from
both the left and the right -- and moving them to that better place
which is neither left nor right, but "above." Hundreds of people
now download the sound file every week.

Have you thought about putting it up as a podcast on iTunes?

No, but a recent girlfriend had iTunes and I found it to be
nightmarish compared with my simple method of using Winamp and just
putting mp3s in folders like any other files -- so I never thought
about it.

- - Is there an advantage, you think, to getting it on iTunes?

-Â*Yes. Dramatically wider exposure and distribution.

What About the 'Question' of iTunes {Apple} Censoring Content ?
http://gizmodo.com/5490310/its-time-...gainst-apples-

censorship
.
.

What's wrong with YouTube?
Old September 24th 11, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 24, 2:00 am, "D. Peter wrote:
[...]

Nothing!

Youtube was made for youboobs! ... and fits like a damn fine glove!

(well, it does have some good material on it ...)

Regards,
JS

Old September 24th 11, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/24/2011 10:41 AM, John Smith wrote:
[...]

I have the VLC player, but I've mainly stuck with Winamp for playing
music because of the excellent free plugins.

I use one from Italy called Sound Solution which has all the
capabilities of an $8,000 broadcast audio processor (for controlling
the widely varying levels of free audio files, and enhancing the
sound), and another from Argentina called SqrSoft Advanced
Crossfading which intelligently mixes the end of one song with the
beginning of the next -- just as good as any broadcast automation
product I've ever used.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the suggestions -- I will
take a look at the possibilities.

With my best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://nationalvanguard.org/
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/
Old September 25th 11, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 24, 9:15*am, m II wrote:
dave wrote:
* *Yes. Dramatically wider exposure and distribution.

To dip****s and fancy lads

John Smith *AND* dxacehole in one insult. Excellent!

mike

NAH - One Imagines 'Dave' with his Computer
placed in a Room filled with many Mirrors...
Daves to the right of you {Dave}
Daves to the left of you {Dave}
Daves behind you {Dave}
Daves all around you {Dave}
....so... When 'Dave' writes of "dip****s and fancy lads"
He {Dave} simply is writing about himself(s).

dave-on dave ! dave-on... ~ RHF