Old September 24th 11, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A mammoth army of infected computers is being assembled

On Sep 23, 12:23*pm, John Smith wrote:
On 9/23/2011 5:42 AM, dave wrote:

I have a friend who's a gamer. Whenever he upgrades his gaming machine we
put the old one in the studio and run Ubuntu Studio on it.

Ubuntu is for windows morons who can't run a true unix/linux ...
slackware is where it's at! *Morons running windows flavored linux are
just disgusting ...

Regards,
JS

Ubuntu? Ptooey!
Old September 24th 11, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/23/2011 6:10 PM, Chas.Chan wrote:
On Sep 23, 7:50 am, wrote:

I find it way easier to use than Windows, but then again I have
congenital brain damage.

Are you 0baMa0?

Does obummer smoke killer weed that gives him problems using a computer?
Has he gone too far, like special dave, and now the damage is
irreversible? Wow, no wonder he thinks he is raygun!

Regards,
JS

Old September 24th 11, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:12:44 -0700, Chas.Chan wrote:

On Sep 23, 12:23Â*pm, John Smith wrote:
On 9/23/2011 5:42 AM, dave wrote:

I have a friend who's a gamer. Whenever he upgrades his gaming
machine we put the old one in the studio and run Ubuntu Studio on it.

Ubuntu is for windows morons who can't run a true unix/linux ...
slackware is where it's at! Â*Morons running windows flavored linux are
just disgusting ...

Regards,
JS

Ubuntu? Ptooey!

Ubuntu Studio uses a realtime kernel and a suite of production
applications for audio, video and graphic design. There is a relatively
large user base, resulting in prompt bug-fixes and a community of users
who are very experienced and helpful. There is also a Puppy Linux version
of studio that runs off a CD, but it doesn't enjoy nearly as much real-
time active maintenance. I run my ham radio station on Puppy Linux, I
edit on Ubuntu Studio.
Old September 24th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:55:41 -0500, J R wrote:

Anybody can build their own computer, desktop or laptop, mostly, it is
plug and play.
You can read on the internet how to build your own computer, you can buy
a magazine how to do it.I have a few magazines that show and tell all
about it.
cuhulin

Yet you use a WebTV
Old September 24th 11, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/24/2011 8:55 AM, J R wrote:
Anybody can build their own computer, desktop or laptop, mostly, it is
plug and play.
You can read on the internet how to build your own computer, you can buy
a magazine how to do it.I have a few magazines that show and tell all
about it.
cuhulin

You simply have to, an "out of the box" HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc. is
simply slow and insufficient junk, pure and unadulterated ...

A top of the line NVIDIA or Radeon video card (EVGA GeForce GTX 580 is a
good performer) 16 gigs of ram, large SSD drives (SATA), 850+ power
supply, HD audio, 3.2Ghz processor speed (multi-core (7 is a good
number), hyperthreading, etc.), water cooling, USB 3.0 ports, Window 7
64-bit OS with dual boot into Slackware, MSI or other military grade
motherboard, etc. and you are off to a good start ... you can improve as
funds allow.

I have mine all stuck in a Corsair Obsidian case, lots of screening for
air flow, powerful fans for cooling, kewl blue lights, easy "pop open"
access to all components, finger-screws, etc.

Regards,
JS

Old September 24th 11, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:55:41 -0500, J R wrote:

Anybody can build their own computer, desktop or laptop, mostly, it is
plug and play.
You can read on the internet how to build your own computer, you can buy
a magazine how to do it.I have a few magazines that show and tell all
about it.
cuhulin

Yet you use a WebTV

He has to. The dog won't let him on the Windows box.

mike

--
And, as always, don't leave your children unattended anywhere in
Holland, Michigan. Many, many undesirable backwater types live there.

They have at least one dufus who once claimed to have been the Supreme
Commander of a gay paramilitary sauna club and fantasized about 'blowing
away' Canada, and who knows, there may be many more dufi there.

Old September 25th 11, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/24/2011 9:22 AM, John Smith wrote:
On 9/24/2011 8:55 AM, J R wrote:
[...]

I should have added, if only sw radios where made with such innovation
and state of the art components and construction practices it would put
the fun back in radio!

Drop in audio boards, turner boards, rf amps/front-ends, filter
sections, power supplies, screens, dials (buttons, sliders, USB outputs,
etc.) -- which are simply another plug in component, variations in
cases, etc. ... what could be done boggles the mind ...

Regards,
JS

Old September 25th 11, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 20:39:11 -0700, John Smith wrote:

I should have added, if only sw radios where made with such innovation
and state of the art components and construction practices it would put
the fun back in radio!

Drop in audio boards, turner boards, rf amps/front-ends, filter
sections, power supplies, screens, dials (buttons, sliders, USB outputs,
etc.) -- which are simply another plug in component, variations in
cases, etc. ... what could be done boggles the mind ...

I suggest you check out the Elecraft company of Aptos, California. They
sell highly configurable state of the art radios.

64 bit Windows is like buying a Ferrari that idles above the speed limit.
What's the point? It is 4 times more trouble than 32 and actually runs
legacy apps with more difficulty and therefore slower.

It is criminal to have lightning fast computers and networks and have to
have everything pass through Norton or whatever to get to you. My Linux
boxes are way faster than my friend's Win7 gaming machine.
Old September 25th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/25/2011 6:06 AM, dave wrote:
[...]

I can understand how that is your experience, just wonder how many bong
hits before you reached that expert conclusion?

Speed compromise is simple the difference between a proprietary, done
for profit OS as compared to free OS ... however, you think a moron can
screw up a windows machine, just teach them enough to able to take real
control of linux box, as a superuser (GOD) and watch the fun!

Luckily, most linux users are like you, can't write they own software,
can't recompile drivers, can't wine windows games, can't set firewall
and network rules, don't completely understand file permissions and the
how/why of it all, can't install difficult/complex apps, etc., etc.

Indeed, you can load up all sorts of viruses and malware on a linux box,
if you are not sure of what you are doing -- I am sure many computers in
"THE GREAT MAMMOTH ARMY" (of your pot induced visions) are incorrectly
configured linux boxes which have been compromised by their very
owners/users ... in the end, it is just the same-old-same-old, the
monsters which kill you were created by your own very hands.

Regards,
JS

Regards,
JS