Old October 3rd 11, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grundig G3 Versus Grundig G5 ?

Anyone have a preference?
Thank you,
Mike M.
Old October 3rd 11, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Mike M. wrote:
Anyone have a preference?
Thank you,
Mike M.

Don't own, but had shopped that market. Both models seems to have QC
issues and durability issues. Both seems to have issues with high
susceptibility to front-end overload with bleed through of garbage from
other bands. The sync detector on the G3 was poisoned by an overly
enthusiastic Degen reaction to an unwarranted complaint by a Chinese beta
tester; eventually they got it right. I never acted on it, but at the end
of my shop around I had decided that between the two I would have gone for
the G5.

Old October 3rd 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 3, 11:54*am, (Mike S.) wrote:
In article ,

Mike M. wrote:
Anyone *have a preference?
Thank you,
Mike M.

Don't own, but had shopped that market. Both models seems to have QC
issues and durability issues. Both seems to have issues with high
susceptibility to front-end overload with bleed through of garbage from
other bands. The sync detector on the G3 was poisoned by an overly
enthusiastic Degen reaction to an unwarranted complaint by a Chinese beta
tester; eventually they got it right. I never acted on it, but at the end
of my shop around I had decided that between the two I would have gone for
the G5.

Thank you for the reply.
Mike