Old November 28th 11, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Feds can bust you for smokin' dope!

On 11/27/2011 12:56 PM, dave wrote:
On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:54:47 -0800, John Smith wrote:

On 11/26/2011 5:38 AM, Ernie wrote:
Huh?

"Familiar with the rules" "proper operation of transmitting equipment"?

Are you sure you haven't raised the bar too high?

You've just described a cell phone.

To prefer that there be some STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE is hardly
"criminal."

We'll see what remains of "ham radio" in the not too distant future
from diminished requirements.

All the license should require is that one is familiar with the rules
and proper operation of radio transmitting equipment ... end of story.

If you want to make anymore of it, you are just some type of criminal,
control freak or nutcase ...

True, the cell phone is a much more usable piece of equipment, and in
most cases, much more powerful equipment than your average ham station,
but good point, it doesn't require anymore effort than the ham equipment
... there are many more rules in amateur radio, though ...

And, one mans poison is another mans medicine ... and again, neither one
should be allowed to "control freak" amateur radio.

But, the worst cases are the nutcases who confuse a simply radio license
with a Ph.D. Those bassterds tend to be long winded, control freaks of
the most evil type, hear only their opinions, too busy giving advise to
everyone around them to take any, are avoided the by the sane mind,
etc., etc.

You know 'em, we have all seen 'em and heard 'em, even on the ray-de-oh!

Regards,
JS
The calendar says 2011, the heart says 1776!

Old November 28th 11, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ham licenses soar...

On 11/27/2011 6:46 PM, Brenda Ann wrote:

"DEFCON 88" wrote in message

On Nov 26, 2:54 pm, John Smith wrote:

[...]

True, the cell phone is a much more usable piece of equipment, and in
most cases, much more powerful equipment than your average ham station,
but good point, it doesn't require anymore effort than the ham equipment

[...]

At least most ham stations don't have that ****ty "gurgle gurgle" cell
phone audio.

Nor do they require a vast infrastructure without which they would be
useless.

A reason a person would keep their backup dusted off, their gun
lubricated, their gold safe, their food supplies secured, and their safe
house safe, etc!

Regards,
JS

Old November 28th 11, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Get off my lawn!

On Nov 27, 12:53*pm, dave wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:33:04 -0600, Ernie wrote:
Too late. It already has.

Fueled by empty-headed grandkids, obsessed hams' reluctant spouses and
nitwits, the
license has become nothing more than a meaningless memory exercise and
the simpletons have rushed
to take advantage of getting into ham radio now that they've made it
easy enough.

Thank you. FCC , ARRL.

There's still some knowledgeable guys left but they're being overrun by
morons.

On 11/24/2011 7:26 PM, m II wrote:
I pray this doesn't turn into another CB radio moron fest...not even
in Michigan.

Like Radioteletype is cutting edge.

- Damn kids.
- Am glad for fresh blood,
- if you know what I mean.

Yep - M4* Mania Dave We Do Know What You Mean

* Mucho Medical-Marijuana Madness [M4]
Old November 30th 11, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Digital modes lack the rag chewers for the most part

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:08:33 +0000, MotoFox wrote:

And it came to pass that John Smith delivered the following message unto
the people, saying~

And, one mans poison is another mans medicine ... and again, neither
one should be allowed to "control freak" amateur radio.

But, the worst cases are the nutcases who confuse a simply radio
license with a Ph.D. Those bassterds tend to be long winded, control
freaks of the most evil type, hear only their opinions, too busy giving
advise to everyone around them to take any, are avoided the by the sane
mind, etc., etc.

You know 'em, we have all seen 'em and heard 'em, even on the
ray-de-oh!

Heh, I know a few old ultra-conservative tubes-are-the-latest-thing
Technician-class farts who match that description to a "T"..

And that's why I've generally found CB to be far more interesting. Not
as many crabby old farts bitching about their equipment and their
bunions and how asinine they think no-code is on CB.

Old November 30th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

[...]

When I was a kid, I always heard an uncle of mine say that the amount
of time you spend listening to others should equal at least 10x the
amount of time you spend talking. I didn't realize at the time just
how true this was.

Old November 30th 11, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/30/2011 9:04 AM, Steve wrote:

When I was a kid, I always heard an uncle of mine say that the amount
of time you spend listening to others should equal at least 10x the
amount of time you spend talking. I didn't realize at the time just
how true this was.

Anytime I ever found an individual in my life who followed that rule, I
dumped them -- especially the college professors!

It is only the ignorant, the politically correct, those stuck in ruts,
those worshiping government order, those lacking in education, those
engaged in crime, etc. who needs follow that advice. Or simply, it is
best not to hear from criminals, thugs, government "leaders", corporate
America, etc.

Old December 3rd 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/2/2011 1:01 AM, MotoFox wrote:
[...]

Do you guys actually have anything to say, or are you just going to
re-post what I wrote previously?

Post something worth responding to next time, you might get different
results ...

losing licenses [email protected] CB 2 April 16th 08 06:35 PM
How many licenses should there be, why and what privileges? Bill Sohl Policy 113 January 8th 06 09:42 PM
We need no Licenses anymore. Bruce Policy 10 July 25th 05 10:43 PM
Oil prices soar monsieur sandman Shortwave 1 October 9th 04 07:06 AM
Double Licenses? Ben K. Policy 1 November 5th 03 02:08 AM