Old July 31st 12, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default India's power grid crashes. 370 million without electricity.

A new Lizard Lick Towing I haven't seen before. They repoed an MG Sprite car at a car show. Naturally it over heated and left them stranded by the side of the road. www.trutv2go.com Currently, 82 degrease in my flower box. Took them 15 hours to get all the electricity back on in India.

Old July 31st 12, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

Mary Wieden (she is from Michigan) is flying around in Skycopter 3 right now on tee vee, doing the traffic reports. www.WLBT.com Currently via my Cheney Instruments wireless indoor wireless outdoor thangy, 100 degrees inside my flower box on doggy's front porch. Yesterday I saw it get up to 102 degrees. HOT HOT HOT! Come onnnnnnnn Winter time.

Yeah, we hit a 100 or so a few weeks ago, and along with the drought it's been miserable.

This year has been bad as well with those of us who have allergies.

I don't recall it being this bad for a good number of years.

Old July 31st 12, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michigan is cooler because Michigan is far North of Mississippi. Hot muggy sweltering weather is normal in the Summer time around here. Currently, 90 degrees in ye olde flower box. Say Nite Nite, doggy. Time to hit ye olde sack. ///WOO WOO WOOF! cookie time///

Old July 31st 12, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Second India Blackout Cuts Power To 670 Million. www.drudgereport.com I tell y'all what, that heat and humidity in Vietnam is 24/7 every day and every night of the year. And you dare NOT sleep without a mosquito net covering you!

Old July 31st 12, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:42:48 -0400, Joe from Kokomo
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:04:18 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:37:25 -0400, dxAce

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:54:07 -0700 (PDT), DhiaDuit
wrote:

www.drudgereport.com Is it back on now? I Hope so.

Most of the power is back on. Too many AC units running is probable
cause. Most hospitals and many businesses have backup generators
because power is unreliable anyway.

Forecast : New Delhi, India - 94F
Jackson, MS - 100F
Detroit, MI - 86F

Currently 87 in the Tulip City.

Currently 86 down the street from BAE Systems.

Jim

On 7/30/2012 6:25 PM, wrote:

Guess there are no Watkins Johnson fans out there.

Jim

Not sure how W-J ended up under the Indian power failure topic...

Wondered if anyone would pick up the link between BAE Systems and
Watkins Johnson. (BAE bought out WJ).

...but a friend of mine (now an SK) was a major W-J collector, so I got
to play with quite a few of them.

I had a HF-1000 for a short time - poor construction quality - pretty
good receiver.

If you are monitoring for one of the intelligence agencies, I guess they
are OK, but for ham/SWL use, I thought they were sorta OK but nothing to
write home about, especially considering the outrageous price they
command. Your mileage may vary.

For a third of the price I would much rather have a top-drawer ham
transceiver with a general coverage receiver.

I have not found anything that can beat a Perseus SDR - not as
convienent as a stand alone receiver but if you cut off the AGC and
enable the sychronous detector it can make the weakest AM signals
readable. Unfortunately, it puts my ham transceiver to shame.

Jim

Old July 31st 12, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/30/2012 6:25 PM, wrote:

Guess there are no Watkins Johnson fans out there.

Jim

Not sure how W-J ended up under the Indian power failure topic...

Wondered if anyone would pick up the link between BAE Systems and
Watkins Johnson. (BAE bought out WJ).

Yes, I caught it and as you may recall I posted a link here to a WJ (BAE) receiver a short time ago.

Old August 2nd 12, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2012-07-31 05:33, dxAce wrote:
Yeah, we hit a 100 or so a few weeks ago, and along with the drought it's
been miserable.

This year has been bad as well with those of us who have allergies.

I don't recall it being this bad for a good number of years.

The jet stream has brought your rain here. We've had the wettest April
and June on record, and July had double the recent average rainfall. The
last few days have been mostly dry, but the forecasts all say more rain
on the way, and it looks like it's just arrived.

All our monsoons have been shifted north by several hundred miles, resulting
in flooding and deaths in N. Korea, and very very hot, very dry weather in
S. Korea. Our temps have been in the high 30's C (over 100F) here.. which is
totally unprecedented, as normally it can never get above 32C (about 90F)
before offshore winds kick in and cool it down a few degrees. I'm gonna
REALLY hate to see our electric bill this month... normally it's around
US$800 for all our properties, but I expect it to be well over $1000 this
month, possibly significantly more... Just to keep our office and one
other room down to 28C.

Old August 2nd 12, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Google,,, weather Limerick Ireland //Sheet, Mope, you moving to Limerick?// I ought to, Sang. Or Caherconlish. (Cathair Cinn Lis)