Old July 30th 12, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default India's power grid crashes. 370 million without electricity.

www.drudgereport.com Is it back on now? I Hope so.
Old July 30th 12, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:54:07 -0700 (PDT), DhiaDuit
wrote:

www.drudgereport.com Is it back on now? I Hope so.

Most of the power is back on. Too many AC units running is probable
cause. Most hospitals and many businesses have backup generators
because power is unreliable anyway.

Forecast : New Delhi, India - 94F
Jackson, MS - 100F
Detroit, MI - 86F

Jim
Old July 30th 12, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

www.drudgereport.com Is it back on now? I Hope so.

Most of the power is back on. Too many AC units running is probable
cause. Most hospitals and many businesses have backup generators
because power is unreliable anyway.

Forecast : New Delhi, India - 94F
Jackson, MS - 100F
Detroit, MI - 86F

Currently 87 in the Tulip City.

Old July 30th 12, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:37:25 -0400, dxAce

wrote:

www.drudgereport.com Is it back on now? I Hope so.

Most of the power is back on. Too many AC units running is probable
cause. Most hospitals and many businesses have backup generators
because power is unreliable anyway.

Forecast : New Delhi, India - 94F
Jackson, MS - 100F
Detroit, MI - 86F

Currently 87 in the Tulip City.

Currently 86 down the street from BAE Systems.

Jim
Old July 30th 12, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mary Wieden (she is from Michigan) is flying around in Skycopter 3 right now on tee vee, doing the traffic reports. www.WLBT.com Currently via my Cheney Instruments wireless indoor wireless outdoor thangy, 100 degrees inside my flower box on doggy's front porch. Yesterday I saw it get up to 102 degrees. HOT HOT HOT! Come onnnnnnnn Winter time.

Old July 30th 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Olympics is killing London. I never watch that damn sheet anyway.

Old July 30th 12, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

www.drudgereport.com Is it back on now? I Hope so.

Most of the power is back on. Too many AC units running is probable
cause. Most hospitals and many businesses have backup generators
because power is unreliable anyway.

Forecast : New Delhi, India - 94F
Jackson, MS - 100F
Detroit, MI - 86F

Currently 87 in the Tulip City.

Currently 86 down the street from BAE Systems.

Jim

Guess there are no Watkins Johnson fans out there.

Jim
Old July 30th 12, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:24:18 -0700 (PDT), DhiaDuit
wrote:

The Olympics is killing London. I never watch that damn sheet anyway.

CBS, ABC ,TBS and E! networks and others love it. Lots of new viewers.
Old July 31st 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Currently, ah hunert an tu degrees inside my flower box. Doggy and eye are watchin All Worked Up on TruTV.

Old July 31st 12, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/30/2012 6:25 PM, wrote:

Guess there are no Watkins Johnson fans out there.

Jim

Not sure how W-J ended up under the Indian power failure topic...

....but a friend of mine (now an SK) was a major W-J collector, so I got
to play with quite a few of them.

If you are monitoring for one of the intelligence agencies, I guess they
are OK, but for ham/SWL use, I thought they were sorta OK but nothing to
write home about, especially considering the outrageous price they
command. Your mileage may vary.

For a third of the price I would much rather have a top-drawer ham
transceiver with a general coverage receiver.