Old December 24th 12, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Happy Holidays!

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on this Newsgroup.

May Santa bring you that dream receiver or the DX catch of your dreams.

73 de Joe from Kokokmo
Old December 25th 12, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Happy Holidays to all as well. I hope that Santa brings you everything you need
today and into the New Year as well.

Old December 25th 12, 03:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe from Kokomo wrote:

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on this Newsgroup.

May Santa bring you that dream receiver or the DX catch of your dreams.

73 de Joe from Kokokmo

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. Weatherwise, we are 'under the gun' here, annnnd how!
Old December 25th 12, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/25/2012 10:01 AM, DhiaDuit wrote:

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
Weatherwise, we are 'under the gun' here, annnnd how!

Yup, big storm a-comin' to the Great Midwest tomorrow, 4-8 inches of snow.

Old December 25th 12, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:20:01 AM UTC-6, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 12/25/2012 10:01 AM, DhiaDuit wrote:

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Weatherwise, we are 'under the gun' here, annnnd how!

Yup, big storm a-comin' to the Great Midwest tomorrow, 4-8 inches of snow..

Local TV weather people say possible tornados, two to three inches of rain, damaging winds, large hail. I bookmarked the National Weather Radar Mosaic thingy. I have to be at my sister and brother in law's home at 12:00 today for the Christmas thingy. I don't like to get out in bad weather, but a tornado could hit my house or theirs. I might as well go over there.

Old December 25th 12, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/25/2012 10:20 AM, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 12/25/2012 10:01 AM, DhiaDuit wrote:

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.
Weatherwise, we are 'under the gun' here, annnnd how!

Yup, big storm a-comin' to the Great Midwest tomorrow, 4-8 inches of snow.

I also see it's heading up this way, north east. Seems every time I
get a bite of home time, something happens. Any how-,

Best of the Holidays to the regulars...

Drifter...
Old December 25th 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012, Joe from Kokomo wrote:

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on this Newsgroup.

May Santa bring you that dream receiver or the DX catch of your dreams.

I think Christmas came in August, when I found that TMC GPR-90 at a garage
sale, for only $20.00.

It was a slow garage sale day, not many out, but I go down this one street
and two doors away I see the receiver, it's facing my way. I know it has
to be a shortwave receiver of that vintage, but only closer can I see the
model. No price on it, I figured it would be expensive, but since I've
not seen anything like that before at garage sales, I ask the price.

Suddenly in recent years I've seen shortwave receivers at garage and
rummage sales, but they've all been solid state, most recent vintage. I
can't say I've seen many tube radios, and certainly not anything like the
GPR-90.

I even told them it was probably worth three or four hundred dollars, but
they didnt' raise the price. When I got home (I was lucky the bus stop
was just a few doors up), in looking for information, I find an add for
the same model in the same area of town so it has to be the same receiver,
they wanted a hundred dollars in July. Clearly no takers, so they were
lucky I came along that day (I even went out late that day for garage
sales, planning to do a quick survey and then go somewhere else).

Michael

Old December 26th 12, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:12:58 PM UTC-6, Michael Black wrote:
[...]

Yeah, that weather is something else. www.wwltv.com I wish I could be like doggy and sleep all the way through it. One time Alfred Hitchcock said the weather will continue.

Happy Holidays Cecil Moore[_2_] Antenna 1 December 26th 07 01:24 AM
happy holidays! [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 14th 04 07:23 AM
Happy Holidays to all Carl R. Stevenson Policy 11 December 26th 03 03:32 AM
Happy Holidays! Bob Raymond Shortwave 2 December 22nd 03 03:05 AM
Happy Holidays Bob Raymond General 1 December 21st 03 05:12 PM