Old December 11th 13, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Voice of Russia off the air?

On 12/11/2013 03:28 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:

Hello, and while I realize this ng is for the HF radio band, I'd like to
point out that VOR is still alive and well on the MW band at 1390 kHz in
the metro Washington DC area. Sincerely,

The RRS newsgroup is about DC to Daylight communications with
electromagnetism, there are no frequency boundaries. The article about
RT is BS. The station is still plugging away.

Old December 11th 13, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/11/2013 10:13 AM, dave wrote:
On 12/11/2013 03:28 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:

Hello, and while I realize this ng is for the HF radio band, I'd like to
point out that VOR is still alive and well on the MW band at 1390 kHz in
the metro Washington DC area. Sincerely,

The RRS newsgroup is about DC to Daylight communications with
electromagnetism, there are no frequency boundaries. The article about
RT is BS. The station is still plugging away.

Hello, and I stand corrected since I haven't been on this ng much. The
term "shortwave" most often is taken (at least in the US) to refer to
the 1.7 MHz to 3 MHz and the HF (3 MHz to 30 MHz) portions of the EM
spectrum.

One additional comment is that Russia Today (RT) TV english language
broadcasts, like BBC World News and China Central TV, are also available
on many cable TV channels as well as XM/Sirius radio. Funny how the
hosts on those non-BBC channels often have British accents ;-). Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:
Old December 11th 13, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:53:23 AM UTC-6, J.B. Wood wrote:
[...]

delicast.com squidtv.net wwitv.com (something like that) Some of them might have a computer virus/malware, watch out. I use Google Chrome browser with my super duper Sony Google TV. Of course Voice of Russia has a website.
http://voiceofrussia.com I think it requires registering and logging in for the Audio.

Voice of Russia [email protected] Shortwave 2 January 25th 09 09:28 PM
Voice of Russia Jacob Shank Shortwave 9 June 2nd 07 03:43 PM
Voice of Russia Jacob Shank Shortwave 2 May 22nd 07 06:05 PM
Voice of Russia Telamon Shortwave 1 October 3rd 05 03:25 AM
Russia/Ukraine: Voice of Russia signal partially jammed by local station Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 December 29th 04 10:13 PM