Old January 10th 14, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist,

professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne,

professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide,

and the director of multiple mineral exploration and

mining companies. He has published 130 scientific papers,

six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.

Born

12 February 1946 (age 67)

Residence

Australia

Nationality

Australian

Fields

Earth Science, Geology, Mining Engineering

Institutions

University of New England,University of Newcastle,University of
Melbourne,University of Adelaide

Alma mater

University of New South Wales,Macquarie University

Thesis

The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia (1976)

Notable awards

Eureka Prize (1995, 2002),Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal (2004)

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?
Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland .

Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS,

NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years

to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying

to suppress - it’s that vital chemical compound that

every plant requires to live and grow and

to synthesize into oxygen for us humans

and all animal life.

I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the

carbon emission savings you have accomplished while

suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids,

buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids

"The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your

non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper,

putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV

and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad,

nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all

of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....

well, all of those things you have done have all

gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere

in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano

in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made

to reduce the evil beast, carbon.

And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet

spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much,

but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo

erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more

greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the

entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over One year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment

and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the

well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle,

which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant

efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud,

but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season

across the western USA and Australia this year alone

will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world

for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried

to impose a whopping carbon tax on you,

on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused'

climate-change scenario.

Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention 'Global Warming'
Anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why?

It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century

and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an

Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax -

imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing

except make you poorer.

It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.
But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!

And .......give back the money charged for fraudulent carbon tax.
Old January 11th 14, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ka6uup" wrote in message

[...]

BRAVO! Well written.

HankG

Old January 11th 14, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/11/2014 04:20 AM, HankG wrote:

"ka6uup" wrote in message

BRAVO! Well written.

HankG

[bull**** removed]

You'd think there'd be enough science left in your brains before your
voluntary lobotomies. This is not true. People are the only source of
the historically high levels of CO2. Volcanoes are not nearly as
powerful as humans. Otherwise they'd have effected the ice core records
and the records have been steady for 650,000 years.

You can hide behind all the Republican Bull**** you want, but facts is
facts. Ask Swiss Re, the DoD, NASA. Not Whirled Nut Daily

Carbon Fibre VK2KC Antenna 11 June 10th 10 12:05 AM
Looking to ID early carbon microphone. Buck Frobisher Radio Photos 0 January 18th 10 01:10 AM
Carbon microphone revitalization Antonio Vernucci Boatanchors 19 February 16th 09 05:54 PM
FS: Carbon Comp. 1w & 2w Resistors K3HVG Boatanchors 0 August 13th 06 09:33 PM
help ID an old carbon microphone Boatanchors 3 March 28th 06 03:45 PM