Old March 13th 14, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SDR USB stick

Does it work without a computer? No? Please add the cost of a suitable
computer to the super low price.

On 03/12/2014 12:25 PM, Dieter Pelz wrote:
I bought a Funcube Dongle Pro3 a few months ago. The Rx performance
matches that of my 400$ Icom transceiver. Best value for money.
http://www.reversebeacon.net/dxsd1/d...&c=vk3ffb&t=de

Seeing is believing. 73 Dieter, VK3FFB

On Wednesday, 19 September 2012 03:05:02 UTC+10, m II wrote:

Hils wrote:

Folks may have heard of the FUNcube dongle, an SDR with a
similar

form factor to a USB memory stick, designed primarily for use
with

amateur satellites. There's a new version about to go into

production which apparently has improved performance including

filtering, covering 150kHz to 240MHz and 420MHz to 1.9GHz. Cost
is

about $199.

http://www.funcubedongle.com/

I wonder if the gap in the cellular range will be present in all

versions, or just those going to the Land of the Free.

mike

http://www.canadianaconnection.com/2012/01/canada-party-running-president/

Old March 13th 14, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

Does it work without a computer? No? Please add the cost of a suitable
computer to the super low price.

I can't speak to the Funcube type dongles, but the RTL type dongles with
the Elonics (E4000) tuner can be run with a $5 app on an Android tablet.

The App provides both signal decoding and a spectrum display. It works
on my cheap Chinese tablet with a 1.2gHz single core ARM processor.

The downfall is that uses a 256 bit a to d decoder, so the dynamic
range is not very high. There also is very little front end filtering.

A more generic receiver decoder runs on the Raspberry Pi, and you can
use a dongle with the Raphael R820T tuner chips, which start at 26mHz.

I have a Drake TR-7 in the works, and assuming it is useable when I get it,
I plan to hook up one of the E4000 dongles and my Android tablet to the
46mHz IF, giving me a spectrum display and combining 1970's and 2013
technology. :-)

Geoff.

Stick a fork in it ! John Barnard Shortwave 0 November 1st 08 06:05 PM
WANT TO BUY BIG STICK OR A-99 Marty B. CB 0 October 8th 04 08:38 PM
WTB: BIG STICK OR A-99 Marty B. Swap 0 October 6th 04 10:35 PM
WANT TO BUY BIG STICK Marty B. CB 0 October 6th 04 10:30 PM
Stick Antennas Tom - KS5X Antenna 0 July 19th 03 11:01 PM