Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old May 16th 14, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: May 2009
Posts: 952
Default Dayton ?


On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:13:58 PM UTC-4, Drifter wrote:
Yep. I know, I ask every year.

Anyone going? Me, I can't make

it. Health. Hope, next year.

I will be going to the locals.

Always support your local clubs.



Drifter...


On 5/15/2014 6:04 PM, Steve wrote:

It would be trivially easy for me to go, since I'm in Columbus this
week. But I looked through a couple of the Dayton threads on QRZ.com
and now find myself wondering why anyone ever goes. It looks and
sounds like the opposite of fun.


Well, I guess it depends on your definition of "fun" and how active you
are in the radio hobby.

Dayton has a *HUGE* flea market (ham and SWL stuff, technical stuff like
lasers and Tesla coils, you name it, it's there), manufacturers
introduce all kinds of new equipment and have current equipment on
display and for sale, they have many seminars (RTTY, contesting, DX,
etc, etc), dinners for special interest groups.

The only "problem" I have with Dayton is that there is SO much going on,
it can be overwhelming and frustrating, as there is not enough time to
see everything.

Your mileage may vary.



  #12   Report Post  
Old May 16th 14, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,217
Default Dayton ?

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:41:07 PM UTC-5, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:13:58 PM UTC-4, Drifter wrote:


Yep. I know, I ask every year.




Anyone going? Me, I can't make




it. Health. Hope, next year.




I will be going to the locals.




Always support your local clubs.








Drifter...




On 5/15/2014 6:04 PM, Steve wrote:



It would be trivially easy for me to go, since I'm in Columbus this


week. But I looked through a couple of the Dayton threads on QRZ.com


and now find myself wondering why anyone ever goes. It looks and


sounds like the opposite of fun.




Well, I guess it depends on your definition of "fun" and how active you

are in the radio hobby.



Dayton has a *HUGE* flea market (ham and SWL stuff, technical stuff like

lasers and Tesla coils, you name it, it's there), manufacturers

introduce all kinds of new equipment and have current equipment on

display and for sale, they have many seminars (RTTY, contesting, DX,

etc, etc), dinners for special interest groups.



The only "problem" I have with Dayton is that there is SO much going on,

it can be overwhelming and frustrating, as there is not enough time to

see everything.



Your mileage may vary.


An old buddy I have known since 1954, he and his wife live a few streets West of the Walmart store on Highway 49 in Richland. They escaped the tornados a few weeks ago.
  #13   Report Post  
Old May 16th 14, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Apr 2010
Posts: 101
Default Dayton ?

On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:52:15 -0700, DhiaDuit wrote:


An old buddy I have known since 1954, he and his wife live a few streets
West of the Walmart store on Highway 49 in Richland. They escaped the
tornados a few weeks ago.


Was that you in Hattiesburg getting a taco? I swear that I almost ran
you over?
  #14   Report Post  
Old May 16th 14, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,217
Default Dayton ?

On Friday, May 16, 2014 12:27:24 PM UTC-5, sctvguy1 wrote:
On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:52:15 -0700, DhiaDuit wrote:





An old buddy I have known since 1954, he and his wife live a few streets


West of the Walmart store on Highway 49 in Richland. They escaped the


tornados a few weeks ago.




Was that you in Hattiesburg getting a taco? I swear that I almost ran

you over?


I haven't been to Hattiesburg in about 20 years. A long time ago a guy was looking for a place for a Railroad Depot. His wife's name was Hattie. That is how Hattiesburg got it's name.
  #15   Report Post  
Old May 16th 14, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,217
Default Dayton ?

Google,,, Who put the Roswell press release on news wire


  #16   Report Post  
Old May 17th 14, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: May 2012
Posts: 341
Default Dayton ?

On Friday, May 16, 2014 6:50:47 PM UTC-4, DhiaDuit wrote:
Google,,, Who put the Roswell press release on news wire


R.D. Adair. From AP.
  #17   Report Post  
Old May 17th 14, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2012
Posts: 327
Default Dayton ?

On 05/14/2014 03:13 PM, Drifter wrote:
Yep. I know, I ask every year.
Anyone going? Me, I can't make
it. Health. Hope, next year.
I will be going to the locals.
Always support your local clubs.

Drifter...


As usual I will attend via Leo LaPorte and Bob Heil on TWIT TV's
HamNation. Gordo West should be around too. Great fun.
  #18   Report Post  
Old May 17th 14, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,217
Default Dayton ?

On Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:56:48 AM UTC-5, dave wrote:
On 05/14/2014 03:13 PM, Drifter wrote:

Yep. I know, I ask every year.


Anyone going? Me, I can't make


it. Health. Hope, next year.


I will be going to the locals.


Always support your local clubs.




Drifter...




As usual I will attend via Leo LaPorte and Bob Heil on TWIT TV's

HamNation. Gordo West should be around too. Great fun.


Headin out the door this afternoon, going to the Trail. Google,,, Trail of Honor Mississippi 2014 That is only about seven miles South of doggy's couch. Much closer than Dayton.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dayton HamFest killed by E-Bay NOT JUST DAYTON [email protected] Shortwave 0 May 22nd 06 05:17 AM
How many going to Dayton Yoyoyo Swap 3 May 19th 06 03:01 PM
Dayton Roy Lewallen Antenna 6 May 15th 06 08:22 PM
Dayton Dayton Dayton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jane Swap 2 October 8th 04 11:37 PM
WTB at Dayton CSFD Swap 0 May 12th 04 03:46 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 RadioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Radio"

 

Copyright © 2017