Old May 16th 14, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Dayton ?

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:13:58 PM UTC-4, Drifter wrote:
Yep. I know, I ask every year.

Anyone going? Me, I can't make

it. Health. Hope, next year.

I will be going to the locals.

Always support your local clubs.

Drifter...

On 5/15/2014 6:04 PM, Steve wrote:

It would be trivially easy for me to go, since I'm in Columbus this
week. But I looked through a couple of the Dayton threads on QRZ.com
and now find myself wondering why anyone ever goes. It looks and
sounds like the opposite of fun.

Well, I guess it depends on your definition of "fun" and how active you
are in the radio hobby.

Dayton has a *HUGE* flea market (ham and SWL stuff, technical stuff like
lasers and Tesla coils, you name it, it's there), manufacturers
introduce all kinds of new equipment and have current equipment on
display and for sale, they have many seminars (RTTY, contesting, DX,
etc, etc), dinners for special interest groups.

The only "problem" I have with Dayton is that there is SO much going on,
it can be overwhelming and frustrating, as there is not enough time to
see everything.

Your mileage may vary.

Old May 16th 14, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:41:07 PM UTC-5, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
[...]

An old buddy I have known since 1954, he and his wife live a few streets West of the Walmart store on Highway 49 in Richland. They escaped the tornados a few weeks ago.
Old May 16th 14, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:52:15 -0700, DhiaDuit wrote:

An old buddy I have known since 1954, he and his wife live a few streets
West of the Walmart store on Highway 49 in Richland. They escaped the
tornados a few weeks ago.

Was that you in Hattiesburg getting a taco? I swear that I almost ran
you over?
Old May 16th 14, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, May 16, 2014 12:27:24 PM UTC-5, sctvguy1 wrote:
On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:52:15 -0700, DhiaDuit wrote:

An old buddy I have known since 1954, he and his wife live a few streets

West of the Walmart store on Highway 49 in Richland. They escaped the

tornados a few weeks ago.

Was that you in Hattiesburg getting a taco? I swear that I almost ran

you over?

I haven't been to Hattiesburg in about 20 years. A long time ago a guy was looking for a place for a Railroad Depot. His wife's name was Hattie. That is how Hattiesburg got it's name.
Old May 16th 14, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Google,,, Who put the Roswell press release on news wire

Old May 17th 14, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, May 16, 2014 6:50:47 PM UTC-4, DhiaDuit wrote:
Google,,, Who put the Roswell press release on news wire

R.D. Adair. From AP.
Old May 17th 14, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 05/14/2014 03:13 PM, Drifter wrote:
Yep. I know, I ask every year.
Anyone going? Me, I can't make
it. Health. Hope, next year.
I will be going to the locals.
Always support your local clubs.

Drifter...

As usual I will attend via Leo LaPorte and Bob Heil on TWIT TV's
HamNation. Gordo West should be around too. Great fun.
Old May 17th 14, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:56:48 AM UTC-5, dave wrote:
On 05/14/2014 03:13 PM, Drifter wrote:

Yep. I know, I ask every year.

Anyone going? Me, I can't make

it. Health. Hope, next year.

I will be going to the locals.

Always support your local clubs.

Drifter...

As usual I will attend via Leo LaPorte and Bob Heil on TWIT TV's

HamNation. Gordo West should be around too. Great fun.

Headin out the door this afternoon, going to the Trail. Google,,, Trail of Honor Mississippi 2014 That is only about seven miles South of doggy's couch. Much closer than Dayton.

Dayton HamFest killed by E-Bay NOT JUST DAYTON [email protected] Shortwave 0 May 22nd 06 05:17 AM
How many going to Dayton Yoyoyo Swap 3 May 19th 06 03:01 PM
Dayton Roy Lewallen Antenna 6 May 15th 06 08:22 PM
Dayton Dayton Dayton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jane Swap 2 October 8th 04 11:37 PM
WTB at Dayton CSFD Swap 0 May 12th 04 03:46 AM