Old November 23rd 14, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sony 2001D 2SK152 replacement ....

Hello,

I fit a 3 pin plug and tried some transistors ..

I get a good result with a C369 ...

Any comments?

I did not find my stock replacements, but have a box of spare parts from ?? all kind of old electronics ... ;-)

Marc

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk

Old November 24th 14, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

marc wrote in :

Hello,

I fit a 3 pin plug and tried some transistors ..

I get a good result with a C369 ...

Any comments?

I did not find my stock replacements, but have a box of spare parts
from ?? all kind of old electronics ... ;-)

Marc

You need an N channel JFET. Only replacement I have seen is an NTE312.
Radio Shack used to stock them in the stores, now only online.

Jim
Old November 24th 14, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
RF Collins wrote:
RF Collins wrote in news:g9CdnaJ8rIcM5u_JnZ2dnUU7-
:

marc wrote in :
Hello,
I fit a 3 pin plug and tried some transistors ..
I get a good result with a C369 ...
Any comments?

I did not find my stock replacements, but have a box of spare parts
from ?? all kind of old electronics ... ;-)
Marc

You need an N channel JFET. Only replacement I have seen is an NTE312.
Radio Shack used to stock them in the stores, now only online.

Jim

Here is a tutorial on the junction field effect transistor or JFET:

http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/...or/tran_5.html

I've got the 2SK152 datasheet on my ftp directory on ftp://ftp.eskimo.com
in the user directory for "mzenier", "Sony2SK152.pdf" . (They moved stuff
around on my ISP, so I don't remember the full URL).

It was designed for the head preamp for VCRs, so maybe the OP can
arm wrestle somebody for an old Beta VCR and find one in there.
Extreme anti-static precautions apply.

There was an small outfit that used semi foundrys to produce a variety of
small signal FETs and other strange stuff (at a price). I think that
they had the 2SK152. "Interfet"?

Mark Zenier

Old November 24th 14, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014, marc wrote:

Hello,

I fit a 3 pin plug and tried some transistors ..

I get a good result with a C369 ...

Any comments?

I did not find my stock replacements, but have a box of spare parts from
?? all kind of old electronics ... ;-)

If the replacement isn't a jfet, it won't work at all. That "C369" sounds
more like a bipolar transistor, and if you get "good results", it's only
because the transitor is letting the signal pass through. It can't
amplify, bipolar transistors need forward biasing, and that's not there
since the transistor is supposed to be a jfet.

If you do a search, the need to replace that front end jfet (I'm assuning
that's where the part is) is fairly common, so there are various people on
the web writing about replacing it. I think they've often used an
available jfet, which won't be optimum, but will work better than a
bipolar transistor.

Michael

Old November 24th 14, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael Black wrote:

If you do a search, the need to replace that front end jfet (I'm assuning
that's where the part is) is fairly common, so there are various people on
the web writing about replacing it. I think they've often used an
available jfet, which won't be optimum, but will work better than a
bipolar transistor.

I've nbever had 5 leds on 153 DLF, now I have ...

Of course, I do not know anybody close to my location with such a radio (Furnes/Ypres/Dunkeirk/Lille)...

Same for AM radios. It coul be that shortwave is a little bit lees, but it is OK ...

Ali has them: 2sk152:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IC-2S...951278662.html

Old November 26th 14, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

--

You may wish to order a 2SK152-2 part, specifically -2.
Per: http://www.conradhoffman.com/ICF2010.htm

Old November 26th 14, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael Black wrote:

If you do a search, the need to replace that front end jfet (I'm assuning
that's where the part is) is fairly common, so there are various people on
the web writing about replacing it. I think they've often used an
available jfet, which won't be optimum, but will work better than a
bipolar transistor.

I've nbever had 5 leds on 153 DLF, now I have ...

Of course, I do not know anybody close to my location with such a radio (Furnes/Ypres/Dunkeirk/Lille)...

Same for AM radios. It coul be that shortwave is a little bit lees, but it is OK ...

Ali has them: 2sk152:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IC-2S...951278662.html

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk

It ain't cheap, but an exact replacement appears to be available through:
http://www.bdent.com/2sk152-2-sony-transistor.html
Old November 26th 14, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael Black wrote:

[...]

Ali Baba IS CHEAPEST-a bag of 10 FOR $18.
Old November 26th 14, 08:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael Black wrote:

[...]

However, they do not specify which gain batch these come from. The 2010 uses a 2SK152-2.
That's the exact replacement, for gain and performance.

DC Plug Dimensions - Sony 2001D / 2010 Naphov Shortwave 9 January 31st 12 01:42 AM
DRM modifications for Sony 2010 /2001D [email protected] Shortwave 2 September 21st 05 01:36 AM
Sony 2001D vs SW100S wigg Shortwave 0 November 1st 04 12:49 AM
Difference between Sony ICF-2001D / ICF-2010 Riz Shortwave 2 September 18th 04 05:42 PM
FS: Sony 2001D (2010) and Quantum Loop Joe Esposito Shortwave 0 July 10th 03 06:24 PM