Old November 27th 14, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default My favorite sound

My favorite sound on shortwave is when the station peaks so very strongly that the AGC can't keep up and there's a brief fraction of a second of distortion every few seconds on the signal. For best results use the widest bandwidth setting, because that optimizes the experience.

There's something about genuine skywave selective fading distortion, and especially when listening over a nice wide bandwidth like 6-8 Khz or more, that says "this is real radio and you're listening to the trip it just made to get here."

Sync detectors only go on when I want to reject whine or interference from an adjacent sideband on one side. I know, I'm a very disturbed person. But there it is.

and my favorite Twisted CB 0 October 31st 12 02:53 AM
What is/was your favorite boatanchor? sctvguy1[_2_] Shortwave 14 July 25th 11 10:57 PM
You people don't care what the bands sound like or will sound like. Slow Code General 1 December 1st 06 07:57 PM
My favorite lubricunt KC8QJP CB 0 October 8th 04 11:16 PM
Favorite commercial CW f? Henry Kolesnik Shortwave 2 January 6th 04 06:38 AM