Old February 23rd 15, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default All India Radio

Some great music today on 11670 (think I got the freq right!) from All
India Radio.

And as a reminder, today is the 70th anniversary of the flag raising on
Iwo Jima, please stop and remember those who did so much for so little.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 23rd 15, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Some great music today on 11670 (think I got the freq right!) from All
India Radio.

And as a reminder, today is the 70th anniversary of the flag raising on
Iwo Jima, please stop and remember those who did so much for so little.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Picked up the tail end of the broadcast. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old February 24th 15, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 3:23:26 PM UTC-6, dxAce wrote:
And as a reminder, today is the 70th anniversary of the flag raising on
Iwo Jima, please stop and remember those who did so much for so little.

I recently purchased and watched IWO JIMA: 36 Days of Hell.
"Iwo Jima was arguably the toughest battle the Marines had ever faced. The courage and sacrifice of the men who fought to secure the eight square miles of stinking sulfur rock and volcanic ash will never be forgotten. Step back in time with the sailors, soldiers and airmen who were there and relive one of the most famous battle of WWII. Told almost exclusively through color footage shot by Marine Corps cameramen and veteran interviews, this documentary tells the story of the battle for Iwo Jima through the eyes of those who lived through it. See why it is said that "on Iwo Jima uncommon valor was a common virtue." CONTAINS OVER 25 VETERAN INTERVIEWS!
http://www.amazon.com/Iwo-Jima-36-Da...ys+of+hell+dvd

Also purchased the entire VICTORY AT SEA series on Amazon for $4.90 shipped.. Wow!!!http://www.amazon.com/Victory-at-Sea...victory+at+sea

My heartfelt appreciation and respect to all World War II veterans, especially those who kicked the Japs arses.

All India Radio dxAce Shortwave 1 February 17th 06 01:42 AM
All India Radio junius Shortwave 2 February 15th 06 12:43 AM
All India Radio (AIR) on 9.425 MHz via Bangalore, India RHF Shortwave 0 October 21st 05 06:13 AM
All India Radio dxAce Shortwave 3 October 3rd 05 07:23 PM
All India Radio yazoo63 Shortwave 2 August 21st 03 11:44 PM